The Advanced Solutions Group (ASG) at Leidos currently has an opening for a Senior Database Engineer to work in our Annapolis Junction, Maryland office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience supporting an important, fast-paced, mission critical program.
Job Summary and Primary Roles and Responsibilities
The selected individual must be able to efficiently investigate complex database issues and provide solutions to technical leadership. He/she must have the ability to effectively interface with database team members, software developers, customers, and senior-level management to influence program-wide decisions, efficiently investigate complex database issues, and provide solutions to technical leadership. He/she will be expected to review existing data models and provide both high-level and detailed recommendations for improvement to the data architecture. Solutions developed to support the customer's needs will be written using SQL, PL/SQL, and scripting languages. Other tasks may include data conversion, and other database-centric process improvement initiatives.
External Referral Eligible
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related discipline and 10 years of related experience. Additional years of experience can be substituted for Bachelor's Degree.
• Must have at least 8 years general experience as a Database Administrator to include experience with tasks such as data migration, data replication, user administration, backup and recovery, and general DBA tasks.
• Must have at least 5 years of Oracle Database Administration experience.
• Must have at least 5 years of experience with Linux (RHEL).
• Must have 3 years of shell scripting experience.
• Must have 3 years of experience with real time highly available data replication technologies such as Oracle Data Guard, Oracle Streams, Oracle Golden Gate, Sybase Replication Server.
• Proven top tier communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Must be an independent thinker capable of working proficiently independently as well as within a team.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
• Master's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline.
• Cassandra or other NoSQL experience.
• At least 7 years of experience with Oracle Grid/RAC in a Linux environment.
• At least 7 years of Oracle Database Administration experience.
• At least 5 years of experience working with real time database replication in a production environment - Oracle Data Guard, Oracle Streams, Oracle GoldenGate, or Sybase Replication Server.
• At least 2 years of experience with PostgreSQL.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: