Unleash your talents at Leidos! Grow and advance rapidly in your career by letting Leidos challenge you with world toughest technical problems.
Our Dayton Leidos team currently has an opening for a Software Developer to work in our Dayton, Ohio office to support fast growing research and development activities in the areas of sensors, phenomenology, signal processing, automatic target recognition and machine learning. If you qualify for this position you will be mentored by experts in these fields and will be able to impact a number of efforts limited only by your motivation and desire to contribute.
Fun stuff you will get to do:
- Implement software and algorithm solutions in research tools, real-time embedded applications, or integrated demonstration systems.
- Conduct research and development in the areas of signal processing, image recognition, and machine learning to help us solve hard problems for our customers.
- Develop an understanding of the underlying theory behind the algorithms you are implementing in software, to enable collaboration with your research scientist colleagues.
- Work within a team to develop and demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills, communication skills, and will be self-motivated.
To be successful in this role you will need these skills:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent, plus at least 2 years of software application development experience, or a Master's degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Demonstrated proficiency with C++, and integrated development environments.
- U.S Citizenship and ability to obtain a Secret Clearance.
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- Familiarity with image processing and analysis, signal processing, pattern recognition, and/or machine learning techniques.
- Working knowledge of MATLAB.
- Familiarity with embedded processing (e.g. CPU/GPU implementations) is a plus.
- Strong written and oral communications skills and the ability to effectively interface with and brief technical solutions to customers is a plus.
Not a match for you? MAKE $2K by referring someone to this job!
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: