Looking for work-life balance? Leidos offers generous leave and accommodating flex-time to help you juggle your personal and professional life.
Leidos has an exciting opening in our Advanced Solutions Group for a System Administrator to provide technical systems administration, configuration, and troubleshooting in support of an on premise government system, to include system testing, system setup, installation, configuration, support and maintenance, including associated hardware in Bethesda, MD. Help us update to new systems, as well as support current systems by tuning performance, allocating storage space, and implementing critical system patches.
You will support a team of engineers and administrators with the integration and deployment of the National Media Exploitation center (NMEC) DOMEX Data Discovery Platform (D3P) for a Department of Homeland Security network to include administering the DHS host network. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to DHS policies and procedures across multiple skill areas, enabling mission success. We seek to build a team of system administrators who can perform multiple functions. We understand that people have specialties, but seek people open to cross training (e.g. Linux and Windows) and willing to apply their skills in multiple areas.
If you enjoy doing these this could be your next job:
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Provide Tier II & III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Create and maintain documentation to help train employees resolve day to day issues and knowledge transfer.
- Identify and execute process improvements and other enhancements that improve operational efficiency.
To be successful in this role you must have the below skills:
- Bachelor's degree and 4 years' relevant experience, or additional 4 years' experience in lieu of degree.
- Must have a current Top Secret security clearance with SCI eligibility and the ability to maintain the TS/SCI clearance.
- 3 years' experience providing Tier II & III Linux and Windows support.
- 3 years' experience investigating and troubleshooting Linux and Windows issues.
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification - CompTIA Security+
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: