The Leidos Defense and Intelligence Group has a career opening for a TS/SCI with poly cleared junior level Java Developer. The developer will provide software development support for a cyber security related tool that will provide risk assessment teams with a versatile, simple, accurate way to document the risk assessment process. This position requires full thread agile software development with a small team of developers. Special expertise is needed for front end web development.
The Java Developer will perform software development with the following responsibilities with guidance from the Software Team Lead:
• Perform an agile software development team for new systems development including Scrum, sprint planning, reviews, demos, and retrospectives.
• Perform full thread software development including GUI front end (Bootstrap and Angular JS), business logic (Java), and back-end database using SQL Server
.• Collaborate with other software developers and security engineers to identify appropriate security analyses, defenses, and countermeasures at each phase of the software development lifecycle to help design embedded security features
.• Analyze software designs and implementations from a security prospective and identify and resolve security issues.
• Interface with Product Owner/customers to collect, communicate, and understand requirements during product grooming sessions
.• Set up and use of build management and configuration management tools
.• Implement attribute and role based access control concepts and techniques.
• Work with Java application frameworks and design methodologies
• Set up and configure development environments including software development tools, Amazon Web Services, and troubleshooting network and/or machine problems as it pertains to the development environment.
• Perform secure systems engineering development and implement security requirements.
• Develop design documentation including class diagrams, sequence diagrams, use cases, and system architecture documentation.
B.S. degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science or related discipline and two or more years programming experience
The candidate must have programming background either on the job or school related work.
Additionally, the candidate must be willing to:• Perform the full life cycle of software development including requirements, front end design, GUI development, middle tier business logic, and back-end database development, unit test, integration, and deployment.
Front end development using Angular JS and Bootstrap or similar technologies is required for this position.
Utilize software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment.
Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements.
Write and review software and system documentation
Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
Develop, review, and test software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results.
Resolve software defect reports
Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met
Set up and configure development/test environments
• Current TS/SCI with polygraph
Experience with any of the following technologies or similar:
RESTful Web Services, Spring Framework, Hibernate, MyBatis, JSON, XML.
• Experience and understanding of federal and DoD information security compliance requirements and implementation throughout the software development process.
• Experience in virtual desktop environments, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) and / or VMWare vSphere / vCloud Air.
• Experience and understanding of basic Microsoft Windows and Linux system administration techniques
.• Experience and/or understanding of active cyber defense techniques, products and architectures.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Defense & Intel