No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cyber security for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies" Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear.
More About the Role:
The Migrate/DevOps Engineer will work with multiple application teams to migrate systems into the Technical Integrator (TI) DevOps provided service in support of the 2020 Decennial Census. This individual will work technical details with application teams to ensure they are migrated successfully. This individual will coordinate implementation with the application teams and Task 1 (Architecture) and Task 3 (Implementation). This individual will also take part in DevOps related training activities for application teams.
What You'll Get to Do:
-Takes direction from Migration Dev/Ops Engineering Lead to migrate several applications into TI provided DevOps environments, either cloud or on-premise datacenter based.
• Works with application teams to document application internal/external interface requirements for Development, Testing, Staging and Production environments
• Works with application teams to ensure compliance with High Availability and Disaster Recovery related concept of operations.
• Implements middleware application specific requirements as needed, ensuring that integration across components in the TI provided environment is functional.
• Implements migration efforts with application teams, including data migration.
• Provides technical support for application teams which includes server system administration across all environments.
• Performs troubleshooting activities both independently and in conjunction with application teams and infrastructure teams, as needed.
• Creates automation scripts for server installation, builds, and continuous deployments.
• Provides ongoing deployment and operational support activities.
• Assists and takes part in training activities with application teams and ensures that DevOps provided processes/tools are effective. Suggests enhancements on behalf of application teams as needed.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
-Requires BS degree and 10-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 8-10 years of prior relevant experience.
• Previous experience migrating application teams from datacenter to datacenter and/or datacenter to cloud.
• Familiarity with both traditional and emerging system architectures (e.g., three tier, web services, micro-services, etc.)
• Ability to automate workflows through scripting such as Bash or other technologies such as Ansible or Puppet.
• Experience determining and implementing middleware requirements.
• Application development experience preferred in one or more high-level languages
• Experience with continuous integration/continuous deployment tools and methodologies
• Experience maintaining and administering configuration management systems such as Enterprise GitHub.
• Experience maintaining and administering software build systems such as Jenkins.
• Experience maintaining and administering artifact repository systems such as Artifactory.
• Demonstrated understanding of IT management, administration, applications and system development life cycles within a substantial IT environment.
• Relevant knowledge of current and emerging technologies.
• Experience with server system administration a plus.
• Knowledge of Cloud fundamentals a plus.
-WebLogic, ESRI/ArcGIS, SAS, or R Studio.