Leidos has a career opening for a Jr. Network Engineer in Laurel, MD.
This particular contract modernizes and ensures the uninterrupted availability of a critical component of the Intelligence Community. Through the use of innovative approaches, your system and network experience and skills will be challenged by providing day-to-day support to a one-of-a-kind global information technology enterprise. In this fast-paced environment, you will routinely work directly with analyst end-users, enabling their ability to respond to emerging world events.
• Conduct network and telecommunications system incident investigation.
• Apply workaround solutions for known errors per documented methods and procedures.
• Analyze network and telecommunications system logs and identify potential issues.
• Perform network system backups per documented methods and procedures.
• Monitor network and telecommunications system performance and respond to anomalies and issues according to defined procedures
• Build network and telecommunications systems for deployment, assist in testing, and prepare for shipping.
• Assist in the installation, operations, and maintenance of network devices & systems in the network/data centers and network infrastructure closets.
• Assist in deployment, installation, and implementation of VoIP, Video Tele-Conference (VTC), and Plain Old Telephone (POTS) systems.
• Interface and communicate with the Network Operations Centers (NOCs) of external telecommunications service providers (other Government organizations and commercial providers) on incidents and service issues.
• Assist with network and telecommunications activities being executed by Level 1 and 2 Network Engineers.
• Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required; 5 years of experience in Network Engineering disciplines may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
• Must have an active Network + certification.
• Must be able to routinely lift 35 lbs.
• Must be a US Citizen and possess an active TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Network Administration and Ops
Defense & Intel