The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for an SQL DBA and JBAB.
The AFNCR IT Services program provides support services for information systems for Headquarters Air Force (HAF), Air Force District of Washington (AFDW), Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Joint Chiefs of Staff, and other Air Force activities within the AFNCR, missions to include the Pentagon, Joint Base Andrews (JBA), Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB), and other locations, leased spaces, and alternate sites. The major support areas required are: IT Operations and Maintenance; Plans, Projects, and Engineering (PP&E); and National Military Command Center (NMCC). The senior leaders and national defense missions that are supported require that the AFNCR operations never fail, resulting in a fast-paced, challenging, but also rewarding environment.
Primary Responsibilities for SQL Database
• Analyzes business processes and procedures; makes recommendations to system/software solutions.
• Applies best practice for tuning SQL databases to improve overall system performance.
• Supports software development and test throughout the software development lifecycle to include; incremental script execution and defect resolution.
• Review proposed database structure changes and gain approval to modify based on best practices.
• Researches interfaces to identify and code required updates to support integration.
• Ensures software releases are fully supported and gains approvals before implementing new changes into the production environment.
• Creates and maintains all SQL databases required for development, testing, and production usage.
• Controls migrations of programs, database changes, reference data changes and menu changes through the development life cycle.
• Puts standards in place to ensure all application design and code is produced with proper integrity, security and performance; Perform reviews on the design and code frequently to ensure the site standards are being adhered to.
• Performs planning and assists application developers and System administrators, to ensure that any new SQL products or release upgrade takes place with minimal impact.
• Administers all SQL database objects, including tables, clusters, indexes, views, sequences, packages and procedures.
• Troubleshoots all problems regarding SQL databases, applications and development tools.
• Creates new SQL databases as required, enforces and maintains database constraints to ensure integrity of the SQL database.
• Requires BS degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with min of 2 years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
• Currently possess an active DoD Secret security clearance.
*Must hold current or obtain within 90 days of start date DoD 8570 IAT2 certification Security+ CE or higher.
• Strong oral, written, interpersonal and organizational skills