The Leidos Defense and Intelligence Group has an opening for a Sr. Cybersecurity Engineer on the JRSS Operations Engineering team at Scott AFB, IL.
Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) located at Scott AFB, IL is partnering with the U.S. Army and Air Force to fundamentally change the way the Department of Defense (DoD) secures and protects its information networks by deploying Joint Regional Security Stacks (JRSS). Joint Regional Security Stacks (JRSS) are designed for security of the network to be centralized into regional architectures instead of locally distributed architectures at each military base, post, camp or station.
This Cybersecurity Engineer role will support the GSM-O program providing sustainment, maintenance, Problem and Change management services to help ensure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of JRSS. This team works in a performance-based environment where our performance is based on pre-determined Service Level Agreements (SLA) or Acceptable Levels of Performance (ALP).
You will be responsible for:
• Development of technical solutions that require collaboration with internal experts, deep analyses and understanding of impact on end-product/solution.
• Implementation and troubleshooting of IPS/IDS platforms, optical taps, and Linux-based packet capture devices.
• Configuration and troubleshooting of IPS/IDS policies, including recommendations on implementation, tuning, and/or reduction of signatures and rules in order to balance cybersecurity posture and network performance.
• Configuration, performance, availability, and security of the JRSS network architecture.
• Design and develop processes and documentation for lower level technicians. Direct junior technicians/engineers as needed to complete projects.
• Perform reach back to OEM Vendors to de-conflict operational issues with known operating system bugs and security alerts
• Analysis of network and telecommunications alarms and identify potential issues.
• Configuration, testing, installation, troubleshooting, and maintaining network security devices such as firewalls, cryptographic devices, IPS/IDS systems, and optical taps, to optimize performance and ensure the desired security posture is attained and maintained.
• Providing high level technical support for the design, implementation and integration of network changes and sustainment
Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline with 8 years of overall related experience. 3-5 additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree.
• Must hold DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ CE, CISSP or equivalent) prior to start date
• Currently possess an active Secret security clearance.
• Hands-on expertise with the following technologies: firewalls (e.g. ASA, Palo Alto, Juniper), IPS/IDS systems, Crypto network appliances, and/or optical taps.
• Experience administering, maintaining, and tuning Linux-based devices.
• Proven experience conducting the following: performance management, fault management, Local Area Network (LAN) maintenance
• Ability to perform on-call duties as required of the program
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Network Administration and Ops
Defense & Intel