No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cyber security for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies" Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear.
***Applicant must have an ACTIVE "Top Secret" security clearance***
More About the Role:
The Leidos Exploration & Mission Support Operation is seeking talented Software Engineers to join our team on the Next Generation Identification program to help build, and enhance highly available, scalable, real time systems used by our Federal Customer here in West Virginia. At Leidos we offer engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals and growth.
What You'll Get to Do:
You will get the opportunity to fix, enhance, and replace deliverables of projects through all aspects of the software development lifecycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding and unit testing. You will get a chance to exercise your judgment in determining and recommending the best designs based on customer business objectives, timelines and other resource constraints. You will be challenged and provided a tremendous opportunity for growth in a customer facing, fast paced, agile like environment.
• Design, develop, troubleshoot, and debug mission critical software source code using modern software development languages and tools, such as Java.
• Participate in the full software development lifecycle, working within broadly defined parameters.
• Use Jira, Confluence, Git, ClearQuest development operations, collaboration and source control tools.
• Support creation and updating of all relevant documentation and specifications for design, development and testing.
• Identify potential roadblocks and develop around them.
• Plan and estimate development tasks and work to improve performance metrics.
• Develop maintainable code that matches specification.
• Perform unit testing of code, including manipulation of data for analysis of system requirements.
• Prepare Automated tests using SoapUI, LoadUI, and/or Selenium.
• Own the delivery of and small parts of a system or application.
• Work closely with other senior engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
• Build software solutions where the solution is not always well defined but always considers the customer first.LeadGenLeadGenDev
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Biometrics Systems.
• 8-12 years or Masters with 6-10 years of solid experience object-oriented programming in Java.
• A solid understanding of software development process fundamentals.
• A strong, self-motivated desire to learn new programming languages, tools, frameworks, and techniques.
• US Citizenship is required.
These Qualifcations Would be Nice to Have:
• Familiarity with web application technologies, such as Apache Tomcat, JBoss, etc.
• Knowledge of a version control system (e.g., Git, Subversion).
• Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies.
• Familiarity with multiple operating systems (Windows, LINUX, etc.).
• Familiarity with at least one Relational Database Management System (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.).
• Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint).
• Familiarity with Spring MVC.