The Defense & Intelligence Group has an immediate opening for a Systems Administrator in Fairmont, West Virginia.
• Possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments. Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks. Operates with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems. Contributes to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable.
Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results.
• Assists in the design, development, testing, implementation, and documentation of new software and enhancements of existing applications.
• Works with project managers, developers, and end users to ensure application designs meet business requirements.
• Manage and monitor local server infrastructure to ensure consistent operation
• POC for local server, network and desktop repair of infrastructure components.
• Coordinate local response to IAVA vulnerability remediation.
• Ensure priority adjustment and supporting emergency situations are covered for all services and requirements. * Escalate local issues to the Leidos Manager, when appropriate.
• Responsible for monitoring local Service Delivery tickets so that aging tickets are given appropriate follow-up attention.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in computer science, software engineering, information systems, a physical science, engineering or a mathematics-intensive discipline with 5-7 years of Position relevant experience within the software development lifecycle. Bachelor's Degree requirement may be substituted with an additional six (6) years' experience for a total of 9-11 years of relevant IT experience.
• Current DoD 8570 Certification, IAT Level II (Comptia Security +CE and 1 qualifying Computing Environment certification (For example, Microsoft MCP certified, Comptia A+)
• Currently posses an active Secret Clearance.
• Strong analytical and follow through skills.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills.
• Ability to coordinate and get cooperation from multiple areas within IT to accomplish assignments.
• Ability to work well independently on defined tasks.
• Ability to work will in a fast pace dynamic environment.
• Ability to work well as part of a team.
• Windows Server 2008 and 2012, Windows 7 and 10; Active Directory
• Networking Technologies (DNS, DHCP, WINS)
• Red Hat Enterprise Linux
• Experience maintaining IBM, Dell, NetApp devices
• Prior DoD ABIS, IAFIS, Enterprise Biometric Systems
• Experience working in a DoD environment.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Business Systems Analysis
Defense & Intel