The Defense Group at Leidos currently has a career opportunity for a Windows Systems Administrator SME to work at Joint Base Andrews. Region.
The AFNCR IT Services program provides support services for information systems for Headquarters Air Force (HAF), Air Force District of Washington (AFDW), Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Joint Chiefs of Staff, and other Air Force activities within the AFNCR, missions to include the Pentagon, Joint Base Andrews (JBA), Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB), and other locations, leased spaces, and alternate sites. The major support areas required are: IT Operations and Maintenance; Plans, Projects, and Engineering (PP&E). The senior leaders and national defense missions that are supported require that the AFNCR operations never fail, resulting in a fast-paced, challenging, but also rewarding environment.
This position requires a Windows Systems Administrator Tier 3 SME to work at Joint Base Andrews and assist with the design, implementation, upgrades and support of an enterprise environment this will including change control process, incident response process, and continuity of operations plan (COOP): The ideal candidate will be personable and articulate, and will focus on making sure that the customer's IT needs are met quickly and effectively.
- Responsible for maintaining documentation for the Windows servers footprint to include physical and virtual across all environments.
- Administration of Windows servers (Windows 2008, 2012) and Tier 2-3 troubleshooting will maintain the Windows infrastructure for the current and new application hosting environments.
- Work with Active Directory Federation Services, clustering and network load balancing, certificate management, and performing backups and restores, Windows 2008, Windows 2012
Bachelor's degree with 8+ years of relevant experience. Additional years of related experience, training, and/or certifications accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Must hold current or obtain within 90 days of start date DoD 8570 IAT2 certification Security+ CE or higher
- Currently possess a DoD Secret security clearance.
- Responsible for setting up administrator and service accounts maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software, validating and implementing critical system patches.
- Administration of Windows Servers versions 2008 and 20012.