Looking for work-life balance? Leidos offers generous leave and accommodating flex-time to help you juggle your personal and professional life.
In our Advanced Solutions Group (ASG) at Leidos we are looking for a Computer Systems Administrator to support contracts on Wright-Patterson AFB in Dayton, OH. You will be responsible for installation, configuration, administration, support and maintenance of workstation computer systems, including associated hardware. You will get to work with a Leidos computer support lead, and with government IT/IA personnel to support a growing, high-performance team performing applied research and development in electro-optical technology. This is a very exciting role for the right person.
If you enjoy doing these roles you will love this job:
- Updating to new systems, as well as support on current systems by tuning performance, allocating storage space, and implementing critical system patches.
- Administrator for 50+ Windows XP/7/10 clients and Linux workstations operating on MS Windows Server 2008/2012 server-based networks.
- Optimize operations for multiple standalone and networked workstations , ensuring availability, reliability, and integrity of computer systems for continued mission accomplishment.
- Provide solutions and resolve complex software, hardware and network malfunctions to minimize interruption to the customers and minimizes mission delays.
- Provide support for applications such as the following : MS Office, Internet Explorer, MatLab, LabView, AutoCad, MS Visual Studio, and various other Windows\\Linux applications.
- Works with the Information Assurance Office to resolve computer/system security issues IAW AF/DoD directives.
- Communicate with team members across multiple areas (project managers, other technical resources, etc.). Explains technical solutions, practices and procedures to others within the team.
- Collaborate with engineering staff to trouble shoot software and hardware issue in specialized data acquisition equipment.
- Regularly process incoming/outgoing equipment requests, scan requests, data transfers, software approvals, and ensure information assurance while transmitting secure data between networks.
- Organize strategic and short-term plans for hardware and software system upgrades.
- Plan, organize, coordinate, and manage acquisition of information technology (IT) software and hardware.
To be successful in this role you must have these skills:
- High School Diploma with formal technical education (degree, certifications, DOD training) and 6 years of prior relevant experience
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with a current Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance
- Current CompTIA Security+ certificate- Must have experience with Red Hat Linux System Administration with a certification (CompTIA Linux+, RHCE, or LPIC)
- Experience with configuration and maintenance of Virtual Machine environments running under Linux and Windows
- Experience maintaining Windows XP/7/10 clients and Linux workstations operating on MS Windows Server 2008/2012 server-based networks
- Good computer skills using MS Windows are required, with proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Work independently as well as with a team, learn new skills quickly, demonstrate excellent communication and problem solving skills, be organized, detail-oriented, careful, flexible, and self-motivated with a can-do attitude
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- Experience establishing computer/system security IAW DoD directives
- Experience installing, configuring, resolving dependency issues, and troubleshooting applications such as the following : MS Office, Internet Explorer, MatLab, LabView, AutoCad, MS Visual Studio, and various other Windows\\Linux applications
If this is not the job for you but you know someone who might be interested, refer them today and make $2000 if they get hired. Learn how here.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: