Leidos has a career opportunity for an Oracle Database Management candidate.
This position is located at Randolph Air Force base, Texas and supports the Military Personnel Data System (MilPDS).
The successful candidate will be able to analyze and resolve General Database actions, along with Database Administration activities, in a highly visible, 24/7 mission critical environment with a team of DBA's and large pool of IT Experts. Seamlessly work with Development, Application and Production Support teams on supporting and implementing application changes, database enhancements, and database production support including incident, problem and change management, extensive troubleshooting, Oracle quarterly patch installs, Oracle upgrades, running data-pump exports/imports to refresh data, backups and restores to refresh into non-production environments, working with distributed transactions via database links, and running daily data-fixes among many others.
Position Responsibilities include:
• Participation in 24x7 on-call rotations for production-support for Oracle Based Environments.
• Create and maintain all databases required for development, testing and production usage, and perform the capacity planning as required.
• Performs ongoing tuning of the database instances.
• Install new versions of the Oracle RDBMS as necessary.
• Administers all database objects, including tables, clusters, indexes, views, sequences, packages and procedures.
• Troubleshoots problems regarding the databases, applications and development tools.
• Create new database users as required.
• Provide standard onsite support with additional after hours/weekend support as needed.
Education and Experience:
BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or additional relevant experience in lieu of degree
or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
Active Public Trust Clearance is required.
Must be US Citizen.
• Possess an active DOD National Agency Check with Local Agency Check and Credit Check (NACLC) upon starting in position.
• Possess a current Security+ CE certification (or higher) upon starting in position.
• Working knowledge within Linux operating system (install, troubleshoot, and maintain applications).
• Working knowledge of Oracle database administration with 11g or 12c databases.
• A clear understanding of Oracle application and database architecture.
• Knowledge of SQL query development and tuning.
• Sound knowledge of application development and support.
• Excellent knowledge of Oracle backup and recovery scenarios.
• Experience and knowledge in migrating code, database changes, Oracle quarterly patch installs.
• Experience with RAC database.
External Referral Eligible.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Defense & Intel