No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions.
We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies."
We are looking for a full-time HIPAA Security Rule Subject Matter Expert (SME) / Information Assurance Engineer at one of our customer sites. Location options include: Los Angeles, San Francisco, Denver, Washington D.C., Atlanta, Chicago, Boston, Kansas City, New York, Philadelphia, Dallas, or Seattle. Tasks for this position include:
• Reviews security and privacy complaints, data breach notification and cybersecurity incident reports, and other correspondence and evidence provided by the healthcare organizations across the nation to assess the overall impact of security and privacy incidents.
• Evaluates and determines the technical sufficiency of submissions from HIPAA covered entities and business associates in response to data and documentation requests (i.e. Assessing reports related to security baselines, penetration tests, vulnerability assessments, and digital forensics).
• Develops written reports with technical security analyses, summaries, and recommendations for action.
• Provides subject matter expert analysis, evaluation, and recommendations based on national security standards (NIST), industry best practices (ISO) and implementation specifications of the HIPAA Security Rule.
• Provides expert guidance in designing, implementing, and managing information security, data protection, and risk management programs, including policies, procedures, and controls for protected health information based on HIPAA requirements.
• Provides advisory expertise in the areas of risk analyses, vulnerability assessments, incident response, security architecture, physical security, business continuity and disaster recovery, enterprise mobility, threat intelligence and analysis, security awareness and online safety, and resolution of highly complex security projects and issues.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 9 years of professional experience; or 7 years of professional experience with a related Master's degree.
• In-depth experience with security domains and industry best practices; business continuity and disaster recovery, supply chain and third party management; and up to date on evolving cyber-threats, defense strategies, and emerging technology.
• Industry certification preferably CISSP, CISM, and CIPM/CIPP/CIPT.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to translate highly technical matter to a non-technical audience.
• Knowledge of HIPAA Privacy, Security, and Breach Notification Rules, other Security regulations, and industry best practices and standards (NIST, ISO, Sarbanes-Oxley, FISMA, COBIT).
• Proficiencies in: Information governance and risk management, threat and vulnerability management, vendor management, infrastructure, security architecture for traditional, wireless, and cloud-hosted networks, cryptography/encryption protocols, business continuity and disaster recovery, social engineering and awareness training methodologies.
• Master's degree in Information Technology, Cybersecurity or related field.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours: