Leidos has career opening for a System Administrator in Laurel, MD.
This position will provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems.
• Manages IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems.
• Build, configure, monitor and maintain virtual environments.
• Build, configure, monitor and maintain storage environments.
• Provide detailed analysis and feedback to agency management and internal customers for escalated tickets.
• Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
• Provide Tier 1 (Help Desk) and Tier 2 (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution.
• Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers.
• Provide support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process.
• Configure and manage Virtual and storage environments; Linux, UNIX and Windows operating systems; installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity; and configures virtual, storage and network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance.
• Provide in-depth experience in trouble-shooting IT systems.
• 10 years' experience as a Systems Administrator in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
• Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required; however, 5 years of additional SA experience may be substituted for a bachelor's
*Experience with VMWare
• Currently possess and maintain one of the following certifications: MCSA-Serv 2008, MCSA-Serv 2012, MSCE-Serv, MCITP, MCITP-EXG, Linux +, LPI-1, RHCSA, SCSA, VCP5, Network +,or Storage +
• Must be a US Citizen and possess an active Government TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance.
**External referral eligible**