The Defense & Intelligence Group has an immediate opening for a Systems Administrator in Fairmont, West Virginia.
As the largest provider of IT services to the U.S. Government, Leidos develops and sustains large data and technology infrastructures and integrates complex IT systems for almost every branch of the U.S. Government. Leidos currently has a number of positions supporting the Department Of Defense Automated Biometric Identification System (DoD ABIS) Sustainment Services And Service Life Extension program.
DoD ABIS is an information technology system that supports identity superiority by providing the critical capability for warfighters to identify known or suspected terrorists and third country nationals in the course of military operations. DoD ABIS is the authoritative biometrics enterprise system that provides matching, sharing and storing of biometrics data. The capability can receive multi-modal biometrics submissions to include iris, face, palm and finger prints from biometrics collection devices, which will support the warfighter in making, retain, capture, or release decisions. By providing access and responding to requests the system has a direct impact on the availability of critical intelligence information that is of vital interest to DoD and other government agencies.
Leidos has a current job opening for Computer Apps Analyst Journeyman in Fairmont, WV supporting the DOD ABIS Sustainment and Services contract. This five year program will provide operations, maintenance, software sustainment services and hardware procurement services, and associated support for all devices associated with the DoD ABIS system. These services shall focus on supporting the Warfighter needs by sustaining adequate support functions.
Analyzes production, inventory control, distribution, cost analysis, finance, marketing, human resources, and/or a variety of other business and technical problems to formulate and develop new and modified information processing systems. Determines techniques to improve the basis for decision making, policy construction, and program design and execution. Develops, maintains, and establishes operational specifications for information processing systems including manual systems and those supported by data processing equipment. Coordinates with all organizations involved to ascertain system requirements such as program functions, output requirements, input data acquisition, and system techniques and controls.
Possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments. Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks. Operates with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems. Contributes to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable.
• Formulates/defines system scope and objectives.
• Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results.
• Prepares detailed specifications for programs. Assists in the design, development, testing, implementation, and documentation of new software and enhancements of existing applications.
• Works with project managers, developers, and end users to ensure application designs meet business requirements.
• Formulates/defines specifications for complex operating software programming applications or modifies/maintains complex existing applications using engineering releases and utilities from the manufacturer.
• Designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents those programs.
• Provides overall operating system, such as sophisticated file maintenance routines, large telecommunications networks, computer accounting, and advanced mathematical/scientific software packages.
• Assists all phases of software systems programming applications.
• Evaluates new and existing software products.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in computer science, software engineering, information systems, a physical science, engineering or a mathematics-intensive discipline with 3-5 years of Position Relevant experience within the software development lifecycle. Bachelor's Degree requirement may be substituted with an additional six (6) years' experience for a total of 9-11 years of relevant IT experience.
• Master's Degree in relevant technical discipline may be substituted for four years' of relevant experience
• Demonstrated experience with similar programs that include development and sustainment, or agile development methodology (Scrum).
• S/W Language Experience -Required: Java, Oracle, Linux (RHEL and/or CentOS); Desired: Apache Camel, JBoss, Tomcat, Spring, Puppet, Git, JMS, SOAP, REST
• Meet DoD 8570.01-M and IT Level I requiring favorable completion of a National Agency Check (NAC) (current within 180 days) with Initiation of a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI).
• US Citizenship
Prior DoD ABIS, IAFIS, Enterprise Biometric Systems, Web Application Development Enterprise Biometric Systems, Web Application Development is a definite plus.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Business Systems Analysis
Defense & Intel