The Defense & Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has a career opportunity for a Windows Systems Administrator SME to work the Washington DC / National Capital Region.
The AFNCR IT Services program provides support services for information systems for Headquarters Air Force (HAF), Air Force District of Washington (AFDW), Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Joint Chiefs of Staff, and other Air Force activities within the AFNCR, missions to include the Pentagon, Joint Base Andrews (JBA), Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB), and other locations, leased spaces, and alternate sites. The major support areas required are: IT Operations and Maintenance; Plans, Projects, and Engineering (PP&E); and National Military Command Center (NMCC). The senior leaders and national defense missions that are supported require that the AFNCR operations never fail, resulting in a fast-paced, challenging, but also rewarding environment.
This position requires a Senior level Windows Systems Administrator / Engineer to assist with the design, implementation, upgrades and support of an enterprise environment this will including change control process, incident response process, and continuity of operations plan (COOP): The ideal candidate will be personable and articulate, and will focus on making sure that the customer's IT needs are met quickly and effectively.
• Responsible for maintaining documentation for the Windows servers footprint to include physical and virtual servers across all environments.
• Maintaining the Windows patching schedule and executing patch and version updates, monitoring servers capacity, servers performance, and performing server recaps.
• Administration of Windows servers (Windows 2008, 2012) and Tier 3 troubleshooting will maintain the Windows infrastructure for the current and new application hosting environments.
• Lead teams with 8-15 people for project related activities.
• Work with Active Directory Federation Services, clustering and network load balancing, certificate management, and performing backups and restores, Windows 2008, Windows 2012
• Requires Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and 12+ years of relevant experience or additional years of relevant experience in lieu of Degree.
• Currently possess an active DoD Secret Security clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret at some point in the future.
• Must hold current DoD 8570 IAT2 certification Security+ CE
• Team lead with relevant work experience as a SME-Level Windows systems administrator.
• MCSE certification
• ITIL training and/or certification
• Past experience with the U.S. Air Force / Department of Defense
• Customer interface experience
• Managing Active Directory/ADFS and DFS
• Network knowledge and experience
• Working knowledge of EMC and other storage devices
• Exposure to SQL and Oracle and database concepts and installations
• ITSM knowledge and experience, particularly with Remedy
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Defense & Intel