No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies
on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies".
Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear
This position is for a Java Software Developer on the ESA IV program. ESA IV is an IT applications and infrastructure services program supporting several customers within the Department of Justice (DOJ), including the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF). The program provides a range of IT services, including software application support, help desk, deskside support, Windows workstation engineering and maintenance, managed print services, ITSM, Active Directory services, and video conferencing.
The program provides software development support for a variety of ATF custom software applications; these needs are growing as we support the customer's move to the cloud and the associated application migration and modernization, and we are expanding our team. The individual selected for this position will work closely with the ATF to satisfy rapidly emerging Java development requirements, and must be able to work as part of a team to design and implement solutions that meet customer requirements using an Agile methodology.
This assignment mixes Front end GUI design and development skills (e.g., Angular.js, Node.js, Express.js, bootstrap, CSS, HTML etc.) with Java development skills to construct innovative solutions for the ATF. The candidate should have prior, hands-on working experience with JBoss Application Server, Apache Web Server, and Alfresco CMS; and should have outstanding Java development skills. The candidate should possess SQL skills along with Microsoft SQL Server experience. Experience working in the AWS cloud platform, along with Containerization platforms such as Docker, Kubernetes, and OpenShift is a plus, as is knowledge of CICD tools (GitLab, Jenkins, and CloudFormation).
This position is onsite with the customer in a fast-paced environment. Excellent communication skills are required to interact with the customer and program team.
- Develop and maintain Java software applications using Agile software development techniques
- Support software application migration from an on-premise data center to a cloud environment
- Consult with the business process owners, customers, users and constituents to develop and analyze customer requirements
- Collaborate with members of project teams to ensure successful, technically sound projects which are completed on time and on budget Perform application testing
- Create and maintain application documentation
Education and Experience:
- Typically requires a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, with 2-4 years of prior relevant experience; or a Master's degree with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of experience and/or relevant certifications will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Agile development experience
- Java Development JDK 1.7 / 1.8 (or higher); J2EE Technologies
- REST API, SOAP
- Relational SQL
- JBoss Middleware
- Apache Web Server
- HTML, CSS & Webservices
- RedHat Linux
- Experience establishing goals and meeting project plan objectives
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent teamwork skills
- AWS Technologies (API Gateway, S3, Lamba, etc.)
- noSQLDocker, Kubernetes, OpenShift
- GitLab, Jenkins, Nexus Repository, CloudFormation
- Integrated Development Environment
- Microsoft SQL Server or higher
- Application Server Experience with Agile development Cloud development experience
- Mobile application development experience
- Testing experience, including automated testing
- Customer interface experience
- DOJ or DOD Clearance
This position requires a security investigation to be completed by the government to permit access to customer-sensitive information. US Citizenship is required.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours: