The Defense & Intelligence group of Leidos has a current opening for a Jr Software Engineer.
• The opportunity to design, develop, modify, and implement web services, data translation layers and custom user interfaces,
• Utilize problem solving skills to troubleshoot software and data problems,
• Perform systems integration,
• Consult with project team and end users to identify application requirements,
• Collaborate with Government and Contractor engineering and development teams,
• Provide hands-on support,
• Implement customer requirements,
• Research capabilities, unit test, build, and coordinate the conversion and/or integration of new products and major enhancements to existing products,
• Apply critical thinking skills to assist in the evaluation and recommendation of open-source and commercial software packages, application integration, and testing tools.
• Assist in the design and implementation of a large, cutting edge web application system development and integration effort.
• Rapidly code and test full-stack web application software. This involves the use of user stories, acceptance criteria and other system engineering artifacts to demonstrate that the developed software addresses the need.
• Assist in using sound software engineering and object oriented principles to ensure that developed code is maintainable, efficient, reliable, understandable, secure and fault tolerant.
• Apply knowledge of secure software development principles and techniques,
• Use software tools in cooperation with continuous integration and test automation while supporting software reuse and refactoring.
• Support the software configuration management process and understand software components and their interface requirements.
• The ideal candidate would be a self-starter, resourceful and reliable, work as a team member or independently, be able to contribute new perspectives and ideas, and proactively complete assigned activities on time.
• Bachelors' degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or similar discipline granted within 12 months.
• Knowledge of, exposure and/or experience working with software design patterns and Web Application Development.
• Familiarity with one or more of the following Development Tools: JDK, Oracle DBMS, Oracle WebLogic Server, SQLPlus, UML Design Tools.
• US Citizenship required per contract.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Defense & Intel