The Defense and Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for an Inside Plant Manager to work in the Pentagon, Washington D.C.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Defense Information Systems Agency, Joint Service Provider Enterprise Transport Management organization. In this mission we manage Local Area Network/Metropolitan Area Network/Wide Area Network Connectivity, Time Division Multiplexing (TDM) technology for Long Haul and Point to Point Communications. We will operate, maintain, deploy, and manage an existing Government furnished network infrastructure. A majority of the tasks will be within the National Capital Region.
Serve as an Inside Cable Plant Manager. Will be the single point of contact for managing inside cable plant within all the telecommunications rooms (TRs) to include all premise wiring in the Pentagon, Mark Center and the NCR and outlying buildings under JSP ETMs purview.
• A BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience. Years of work experience may be substituted one for one with college years.
• Five (5) or more recent/current year's professional experience within the designated SME area beyond BA/BS or equivalence (except where otherwise specifically noted).
• Must have a minimum of three (3) recent/current years' experience working in an IT environment similar in size (or larger) and scope to this task order.
• Must have a minimum of three (3) recent/current year's working knowledge of large, complex IT environments; same or similar to this task order.
• Capable of learning inside plant permit process required for cable installs in tenant traveled areas in the Pentagon; handling and managing incidents and problems impacting the inside plant infrastructure.
• Must have knowledge or equivalent current experience (3 to 5 years) of industry standards and BISCI-Inside Plant Registered Communications Distribution Designers (RCDD); inside plant cabling installation procedures and decommissioning procedures; experienced (3 to 5 years) in leading program reviews with customer, discuss cost, schedules, and technical performance; current experience (3 to 5 years) coordinating, installing, operating and maintaining cables installations within TRs; current experience (3 to 5 years) providing day to day support to respond to documenting, tracking, resolving and managing issues, concerns, questions and requests.
• Must have an active Secret clearance.