Leidos is seeking Scientific Computing Software Developers to support a variety of sophisticated acoustic training and simulation systems. We are looking for an energetic, motivated, independent, self-starter for a challenging position with Leidos. If you have the ambition, we have the position.
All software is developed in a Linux environment, and written in Java, and Python. A demonstrated strong Java programming ability is required. Candidate will develop sophisticated, real-time, command and control, message passing, and data distribution software, numerical models, and system health and status functions. Work will include the development of new code and the maintenance of existing code. Our team employs an agile development approach using Kanban. Software development will include requirements analysis, designing, coding, unit testing, integration testing, and verification and validation testing. Work will include the development of new code and the maintenance and extension of existing code.
Education and Experience:
- BS degree in Computer Science/Engineering and 4+ years of prior relative experience.
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Candidate must have a strong working knowledge of tools and packages available for the Linux operating system.
- Candidate must have extensive programming experience in Java.
- Candidate must also be familiar with sound software engineering principles and methodologies.
- Candidate must demonstrate a general commitment to excellence, a dedication to producing quality work results, and an ability to learn and apply new skills.
- Candidate must be able to work in a fast moving environment, adapt to changes in schedules, be courteous and professional when interacting with colleagues and customers, demonstrate a solid ability to identify and solve problems, plan and prioritize personal tasking, effectively communicate verbally and in writing, and be able to work successfully in a team environment.
- Real time programming, underwater acoustics modeling, sonar development.
- Experience with Agile development and Atlassian products.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: