This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Defense Information Systems Agency, Joint Service Provider Enterprise Transport Management organization. In this mission we manage Local Area Network/Metropolitan Area Network/Wide Area Network Connectivity, Time Division Multiplexing (TDM) technology for Long Haul and Point to Point Communications. We will operate, maintain, deploy, and manage an existing Government furnished network infrastructure. A majority of the tasks will be within the National Capital Region.
Lead for Tier III NOC operations (service response/help desk and restoral teams). Serve as the team lead and subject matter expert to the government NOC watch officers and division chief. Provide updates to the NOC Division Chief and watch officers or any JSP leadership with the status of incidents. Also work collaboratively with other network and service providing leads to effectively and efficiently restore services.
• BS degree and 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain. Years of work experience may be substituted one for one with college years.
• Must have an active Top Secret clearance, TS/SCI
Years' Experience needed:
• Five (5) or more recent/current year's professional experience within the designated SME area beyond BA/BS or equivalence (except where otherwise specifically noted). Must have a minimum of three (3) recent/current years' experience working in an IT environment similar in size (or larger) and scope to this task order.
• Must have a minimum of three (3) recent/current year's working knowledge of large, complex IT environments; same or similar to this task order.
• Utilization of monitoring tools to provide both reactive and proactive support for the clients network and systems infrastructure; ITSM best practices; networking and network-based software applications; handling and managing incidents and service requests for activities such as changes, problems, configurations, and requisitions for equipment and services
• Excellence in planning, directing, and managing Information Technology operations help desks in an organization similar in size to JSP; successful working knowledge and supervision of help desk employees in efforts similar in size and scope as referenced under this Task Order; ability for oral and written communication with the highest levels of management; expert knowledge in translating high level functional and technical requirements based on interactions with the user community; experience with providing customers with day-to-day support by responding to, documenting, tracking, resolving and managing customer issues, question, and requests
• ITIL (V3)
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Network Administration and Ops
Defense & Intel