Leidos is currently interviewing for a SOF Integration Planner to join our team at McDill, AFB.
JOB SUMMARY: The employee will work at the three-star level, Marine Forces, U.S. Central Command (MARCENT) Headquarters as the command's Special Operations Forces (SOF) and General Purpose Force (GPF) integration representative responsible for the planning of special operations and Marine conventional force integration in the United States Central Command (USCENTCOM) Area of Responsibility.
This person will represent the command at USSOCOM and TSOC level planning events to plan for, analyze and assess SOF and GPF (conventional) integration efforts.
This person will also be the command's assistant planner on major Operational Plans (OPLANs) that support counter terrorism (CT) and counter weapons of mass destruction (CWMD) efforts.
* Understand the force management process for planning, prioritizing, and designating operations of both Marine and SOF forces
* Understand the posture and campaign plans of both SOF and Marine Corps conventional forces in CENTCOM and understand how they fit into Joint Strategic Planning Documents
* Track ongoing and emerging integration efforts between Marine conventional forces and SOF from both the tactical and operational level. This includes the MEU SOF liaison element (SOFLE), SPMAGTF-CC-CR SOFLE, MCEs, and CTF 51/5th MEB* Participate in planning teams to incorporate possible SOF operations opportunities and understand the command relationships of those operations
* Serve as the MARCENT liaison to SOCCENT
* Analyze Marine Corps conventional force operations and special operations in CENTCOM to track and determine opportunities for integration between the two entities
* Review Joint and Service level doctrine pertaining to SOF and conventional force integration
* Chair an assessment cell of component action officers to evaluate and track integration efforts
* Develop assessments, briefs, and information papers
* Provide Subject Matter Expertise (SME) guidance and recommendations
* Support internal MARCENT working groups as neededExternal Referral Eligible
* Bachelor's degree and 15 years of relevant experience
* Active TS/SCI clearance* Current US Passport and ability to travel overseas on short notice.
* Command and Staff College complete
* Minimum 3 years' experience at a component and/or Combatant Command level staff
* A thorough understanding of "Componency" as it relates to the inter-relationships between component, combatant command and service headquarters staffs
* Possess an understanding of the Global Special Operations System (GSOS) for planning
* Possess an understanding of the Global Force Management system and have broad familiarization with both SOF and conventional equipment and capability sets
* Experience in DoD planning with an understanding of the Joint and Marine Corps planning processes
* Minimum 3 years' experience as a Lead Planner on Combatant Command or Component Command level planning efforts
* Working knowledge of the complex interrelationships between Middle Eastern states, religions, and ethnic groups
* Working knowledge of regional US Embassies, SDO/DATT, and USLO structures
* Ability to process information, write, and create briefing products for a general officer-level audience
* Ability to interact with Colonels and Lieutenant Colonels at a peer level in order to advise and assist them with daily staff functions; and ability and comfort to brief at the executive level (3-4 star)PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
* Master's Degree and 20 years of relevant experience
* Retired or Reserve Special Operations Lieutenant Colonel or Colonel* Graduate from USMC or equivalent planners' course (SAW, SAMS, SAAS, MAWS, JAWS) or Top-Level School Complete (War College)
* Service on both USCENTCOM and USSOCOM staffs
* In-depth understanding of USCENTCOM's OPLANs and CONPLANs (to include compartmentalized plans, bi-lateral and multi-lateral planning efforts)
* Long established interpersonal relationships with regional military leaders and staff members developed through face-to-face engagements
* Long established interpersonal relationships with key members of the USCENTCOM and USSOCOM staffs
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Defense & Intel