The court room Consecutive interpreter must be able to work with interpreting equipment in the Commission room or other facilities, and also, as necessary, equipment used to provide remote interpreting services by telephone. The contractor may be required to work with other interpreters working on behalf of the Convening Authority in team interpreting situations in longer proceedings.
The court room simultaneous interpreter shall provide support as needed, up to and including a seven-day work week and a 24-hour day. The regularly assigned hours of duty will be established by the PM and will normally consist of an 8 hour workday, Monday through Friday, and may include work on weekends and Federal holidays, except when the Government facility is closed. Based on the needs of OMC, court room simultaneous interpreter may be required to work shifts. Overtime or hours in excess of 40 hours per week may be required to support the mission.
Place of performance shall vary with requirements. A significant amount of the work will occur at the OMC deployed facility at US Naval Station, Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. Additional work shall be performed on site at the OMC facilities in the National Capital Region.
If travel is to Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, court room simultaneous interpreters are able to book rooms at the Navy Lodge or Bachelor Officers Quarters (BOQ). In the event the lodge or BOQ is unavailable, court room interpreters may be required to stay in Government arranged billeting which may consist of a cuzco, tent or other Government provided accommodation.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- TS/SCI is a must.
- A BA degree and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Interpretation Skill Levels: Level 4 (Advanced Professional Performance) - Able to interpret in the simultaneous mode required by the setting and provide almost completely accurate renditions of complex, colloquial, and idiomatic speech, as well as formal and some highly formal discourse.
- Conveys the meaning of the speaker faithfully, including most, if not all, details and nuances, reflecting the style, register, and cultural context of the source language, without omissions, additions or embellishments.
- Demonstrates mastery of the skills required for interpretation, including command of both working languages and their cultural context, expertise in some specialized fields, and ability to prepare new specialized topics rapidly and routinely.
- Very good delivery, with pleasant voice quality and only occasional hesitations, repetitions or corrections.
- Performance reflects the highest standards of professional conduct and ethics.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Defense & Intel