Leidos has an opportunity for a
Senior Exercise Planner to support a dynamic mission based in the McLean,
Virginia area. We are seeking skilled exercise planning officers with at
least 12 years of practical experience with exercise planning in the
The position calls for a certified
Homeland Security Exercises and Evaluation Program (HSEEP) planner with twelve (12) years of experience in the planning, developing, coordinating and
execution of all levels of exercise events (seminars, workshops, tabletops,
games, drills, functional and full-scale) and reporting the findings/results
from every exercise executed on behalf of the customer. The candidate
must have a minimum of five years of experience involving the use and
application of the National Incident Management System and Incident Command
Structure in all-hazard crisis response situations.
The candidate needs to be a self-starter able to
effectively communicate with senior managers and coordinate with partners
in verbal and written formats.
Candidate must be Homeland Security Exercise and
Evaluation Program (HSEEP) Certified.
• Candidate must be familiar with the exercise business model
and be able to lead and develop an exercise from the concept stage through to
post exercise evaluations, after-action reports and when applicable
implementation of results.
• Candidate must have the ability to develop all exercise products
to include but not limited to meeting notes, mock exercise injects, exercise
scripts/play, after action reports and recommendations, and the various
planning documents within HSEEP.
• The candidate needs to have
familiarity with the procedures during a pre-incident, incident, and
post-incident crisis event.
Candidate must be able to chair and brief at planning
conferences of various sizes and be able to culminate findings in clear
succinct reporting that will be actionable to the managers and fellow
Candidate must be willing to travel both
domestically and internationally in support of customer
goals. Estimated travel is 15% of the schedule
• Bachelor's degree in Liberal Arts/Sciences (or related
field) and/or equivalent formal military training and 12+ years of related
• Intelligence community or military experience preferred
• Candidates must have strong oral and written communications
• Must be familiar and able to use the Microsoft Office suite
for the development of exercise deliverables
• Strong background with various Intelligence Community tools
and databases is required
• Candidates should have a proven track record working in a
fast-paced environment while multitasking (i.e. multiple phone calls, monitor
cable traffic/e-mails, tasking from various government agencies, etc.)
• Must be available to travel CONUS and OCONUS 15% or more
• Must have current TS/SCI with Polygraph