The National Solutions Operation is currently soliciting highly qualified linguists in various languages to support a DoD customer overseas. OCONUS Linguist Screeners will work in a deployed, dynamic team environment and are responsible for creating summaries, gists, and full translations.
DESIRED PRIMARY LANGUAGES: Arabic, Dari, Pashto, Urdu, Korean, Bengali, Chinese, Hausa, Indonesian, Kurdish, Punjabi, Russian, Somali, Spanish, Tajik, Turkish, Uyghur (Uigur), Ukrainian, Uzbek, Albanian, Azeri, Chechen, Farsi, French, German, Malay, Portuguese, Serbo-Croatian, Swahili, Tagalog, Turkomen, Somali
Desired Secondary Languages: Baluchi, Divehi, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Kyrgyz, Berber, Nuristan, Tamashiq, Thai, Bulgarian, Creole, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Norwegian, Polish, Romanian, and Swedish.
OCONUS Linguists will work in a dynamic team environment performing various functions including but not limited to:
• Review/exploit general and technical source material in the target language to prepare accurate written gists, translations, and/or transcriptions in English
• Scan and process a large amount of material in a foreign language for critical or essential elements of information as defined by the customer
• Perform at a quality control level, as work may support sensitive missions and briefings for senior officials
• Provide input to other team members in the production of reports
• Have basic familiarity and understanding of multiple types of digital storage mediums
• Leverage information system skills (i.e., word processing and data entry), use advance language software programs, and participate in forensic processing
This exciting position also has the potential to allow linguists to perform workflow tasks. They may also be asked to assist with DOMEX data acquisition, device downloads, triage, and/or posting of data to national databases.
• BA/BS and/or equivalent formal military training or 5+ years of related work experience
• Achieve a minimum score of an Interagency Language Roundtable (ILR) 3 in respective foreign language(s) and 3+ in English for Reading, Listening, Speaking, and Writing
• Demonstrated history of working on screening or translation projects and in maintaining the integrity and meaning of the translated material.
• Ability to quickly scan and process a large amount of material in a foreign language for critical and essential elements of information.
• Ability to conduct and prepare accurate gists, translations, and/or transcriptions of general and technical materials.
• Ability to write and speak in a clear, concise, and professional manner in the specified foreign language and English.
• Team player who is able to communicate effectively with colleagues, addresses tasks quickly and efficiently, and collaborates on group projects.
• Be proficient in standard MS Office programs, and able to learn customer or job-specific software programs and standard operating procedures.
• Willingness to work periodic shift work to meet mission demands.
• Sufficient technical aptitude to gain a working knowledge on job-required tools and processes (on-the-job and/or formal training will be provided).
CLEARANCE: Must currently possess a minimum Secret clearance in JPAS.
• Background or experience in the military, DLI, or intelligence community
• Top Secret clearance with current or recent SCI-level clearance a plus
• Proficiency in multiple foreign languages
• Background in DOMEX, translation services, intelligence analysis, and dissemination
• Advanced knowledge of TED or DHDS Harmony DOMEX systems
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Defense & Intel