Leidos is seeking candidates for a Sr. Linux Cloud Engineer that will support our customer in Arnold, MO. An ACTIVE TS/SCI level clearance is required.
The Linux Cloud Engineer's expertise is needed to support a sophisticated enterprise exploitation environment. What our team should strive for:
- Must be able to support data collection from a large, complex server and network infrastructure and user base
- Must possess a strong work ethic, be self-directed, and be a detail-oriented professional
- Must be willing to learn and adapt to new, cutting edge technologies
- Must be willing to document work and participate in the customer's change procedures
- Must possess excellent time management skills and the drive to work unsupervised
- Must be a team player; willing to both share knowledge and learn from others to ensure the team's success Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
- Experience with public clouds such as AWS, Google, Rackspace
- Experience with private clouds such as VMWare, OpenStack
- Experience with Hadoop
- Experience as a system architect/administrator/operator in a production environment
- Knowledge of IAAS, PAAS and/or SAAS cloud technologies.
- Knowledge of network technologies (MPLS, routing protocols, forwarding), common infrastructure components (IPAM, DNS, DHCP), load balancers, firewalls, virtual and physical infrastructure design
- Experience with Linux distributions such as RedHat, Ubuntu, CentOS
- Experience with hypervisors such as VMware ESXi, Citrix XenServer, Microsoft Hyper-VSpecific
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Architect, build, maintain Hadoop, and other cloud infrastructure
- Apply Configuration Management disciplines to maintain hardware/software revisions, security patches, hardening, and documentation
- Develop and direct the development of content for a complex and growing infrastructure. This includes use cases for Dashboards, Active Channels, Reports, Rules, Filters, Trends, and Active Lists
- Provide guidance to security analyst and network engineering staff
- Working Closely with C&A Team to maintain Security requirements for Operation of IEC systems
- Support all aspects of customers Security Information and Event Management initiative
- Supporting the establishment, enhancement, and continual improvement of an integrated set of correlation rules, alerts, searches, reports, and responses
- Coordinating and conducting event collection, log management, event management, compliance automation, and identity monitoring activities for the customer's system
- Perform routine equipment checks and preventative maintenance
- Performing systems hardening to DoD Standards
- Maintaining up to date documentation of designs/configurations
- Create shell and perl scripts to facilitate automated tasks
- Work with other Service Providers to support areas of common interest
- Working with software and hardware vendors
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline. Masters Degree preferred. Qualifications: 10-15 years of related systems engineering experience.
- Solaris systems engineering experience
- Cloud platforms
- Advanced knowledge of systems engineering principles, methods, and techniques
- Knowledge of the associated hardware, software, and equipment
- Professional certification in one or more specific technologies may be required, depending on job assignment
- Demonstrated ability to use problem solving techniques such as root cause analysis to resolve issues.
- Strong background in Unix, Solaris, Linux, or Windows servers
- Scripting skills
"External Referral Eligible"