Leidos is seeking candidates for a Sr. Software Engineer (Python, React, Java), that will support our customer in Springfield VA or Arnold, MO. An ACTIVE TS/SCI level clearance is required.
This position will design, develop and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
- Designs, develops, codes, tests and debugs highly complex new software products or makes significant enhancements to existing software
- Develops and applies advanced methods, theories, and research techniques in the investigation and solution of complex and advanced software applications and problems
- Resolves highly complex hardware/software compatibility and interface design considerations
- Conducts investigations and tests of considerable complexity
- Factors emerging technologies and product supportability into design and implementation
- Provides input to staff involved in writing and updating technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials
- Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements
- Prepares reports on analyses, findings, and project progress, and presents results to management and/or customer personnel
- Serves as a customer interface to resolve problems and ensure requirements are met on a timely basis
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced software developers, and may have supervisory responsibilities
- Serves as a technical team or task leader
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned
- Participates in special projects as required
This position supports the program's Cloud Support Services (CSS) team to provide quality cost effective solutions to the client. As part of the CSS Team the Software Engineer's expertise is needed to support a sophisticated enterprise cloud environment. The Software Engineer will actively participate with Scrum development teams and meetings. The engineer will be responsible for working with a highly functional team developing and deploying custom solutions to the client's enterprise cloud environment. Other responsibilities will include working with the team to define task breakdowns and effort estimates; as well as preparing design and test documents.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design, implement and maintain application phases
- Contribute in all phases of the development life cycle
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications
- Recommend changes to improve established application processes
- Prepare and produce releases of software components
- Develop application code programs
- Develop and execute unit test plans
- Support formal testing and resolve test defects
- Provide technical support and consultation for application and infrastructure questions
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience. Masters Degree preferred. Qualifications: 10-15 years of related software development experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or other business-related field
- Expert with at least one language and desire good experience with several others (Python, React, Java, etc.)
- Strong understanding of DevOps and software/application development processes
- Experience with GitLab, Jenkins, Nexus, and other DevOps/Continuous Integration tools
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL data stores
- Demonstrated ability to creatively solve technical problems
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a small team
- Experience with ElasticSearch
- Experiencing interacting with AWS SDK, AWS API, AWS CLI, and AWS CloudFormation
- Experience with public clouds such as AWS, Google, Rackspace
"External Referral Eligible"