Leidos is currently seeking a highly skilled, motivated and customer oriented Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud Solution Architect to join our team in the O'Fallon, Illinois area. The AWS Cloud Solution Architect will be responsible for customer engagement, solution delivery and thought leadership for enterprise-level programs and /or multiple projects with the Enterprise and Cyber Solutions portfolio. Your primary responsibilities will include leading cultural change for cloud adoption, developing and coordinating cloud architecture and developing cloud strategy and coordinating the adoption process. This requires experience communicating across technical audiences and providing collaboration and technical leadership.
• Work with stakeholders to drive strategy, facilitate collaboration and deliver strategic planning artifacts to feed the strategic planning process.
• Deliver white papers and strategy presentations as needed.
• Work with the customer and commercial partners to align strategy to marketplace strategy.
• Hold and contribute to strategic planning forums and customer strategic planning initiatives.
• Communicate at Tradeshows and customer forums, strategic initiatives, and delivers messaging to drive strategic thought.
• Lead architecture team to develop and deliver strategic, value-driven, and solution architectures.
• Deliver solution architectures to execution teams, communicating their value and ensuring implementation viability and success
• Chair and contribute to Architecture board to ensure solutions are built in line with architecture and architectures are aligned to business and mission outcomes.
• Build and maintain technology roadmaps ensuring due diligence and a realistic implementation path.
• Drive experiments to evaluate new technologies and methodologies to accelerate project delivery.
• Deliver timely, effective, easily understandable, concise technical studies and market research.
• Develop solutions for AWS cloud service standup, burn-in and sustainment activities.
• Work closely with the engineering team to implement solutions to cloud and data services requirements.
• Assist in triage of other projects/programs and makes technical recommendations to senior-level leadership.
• Utilize highly developed communication skills to achieve stated business outcomes.
• Effectively execute on strategic communications on current and future technology initiatives.
• Communicate strategy and technology with senior stakeholders, leadership and executives.
• Ensure regular, effective communication happens with team members and cross-functional resources.
Leadership / Guidance in Technology Insertion/Delivery
• Serve as leader and subject matter expert in cloud, data analytics, and DevOps technology.
• Provide training and customer technical workshops to drive technology adoption and active customer engagement and participation.
• Build collaborative forums to seek forward thinking solutions and anticipate and drive positive change.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree in business, computer science, or other technical field with 12+ years of applicable experience in a technology environment/ Additional years of relevant experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
You must hold an active DOD Secret Clearance to qualify.
You must be an AWS Certified Solution Architect - Associate or higher
• Experience in the delivery of cloud solutions for DoD customers
• Experience in cloud based Data Architectures, Data Engineering, Data Analytics, and Data Migrations• Experience in Data Warehousing/Big Data
• Specific hands-on experience with Amazon Web Service (AWS) Cloud architecture• Significant demonstrated understanding of modern software development and infrastructure tools, processes and practices, including Agile Development, Cloud, and DevOps
• Team Lead and/or Technical Lead experience
• Proficiency with a wide range of technology tools, including communications software (social media, email, VTC), standard Office tools, and project management tools
• Business/Mission Architecture expertise with one or more of the following models (DoDAF, TOGAF, SABSA, etc.)
• United States Transportation Command (USTRANSCOM) knowledge.
• Agile Scrum master certification and expertise.
• External Referral Eligible
• AWS Certified Solution Architect - Professional
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Defense & Intel