Are you wanting to work in a fast paced environment? Do you want to see the full cycle of your idea from design to finished product? If this sounds good to you, The Advanced Solutions Group (ASG) at Leidos currently has an opening for a Mechanical Engineer to work in our Bridgewater, VA office. Relocation assistance is available for the right candidate.
Roles and Responsibilities:- Review and analyze requirements and use sound engineering principles to design and develop 3D CAD models and 2D
drawings for production of various aircraft modifications.
- Implement drawing redlines using established configuration management process.- Document design requirements and decisions using certified AS9100D processes.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously using project management principles to prioritize work to meet performance, quality, and schedule objectives.
- Help develop/implement procedures to improve team performance.
- Perform drawing/model reviews of fellow peers to ensure quality of work.
Qualifications:To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering and 3-5 years of experience.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET Security Clearance.- Experience using parametric 3D CAD software. Solidworks is preferred, other programs may include Inventor, NX, Solid
Edge, Creo, Pro/E, etc.- Experience designing structural components and/or sheet metal products.
- Excellent oral, written, and visual presentation communication skills.
Preferred Qualifications:Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration- Experience using Rhinoceros 5 or other surface based modeling software.
- Experience with ISO9001 or AS9100 quality management processes.
- Experience designing for DoD customers.
- Knowledge of aircraft structures.
- Solidworks Certified Professional
- Experience using a PDM/Vault system.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: