Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O) within the Defense and Intelligence Group of Leidos has an opening Scott AFB in O'Fallon, IL for a Senior Network Operations Architect supporting the Chief Engineer.
The Senior Network Operations Architect will lead and be accountable for creating and implementing innovative network solutions for the DISA customer as part of the Global Systems Management Operations (GSM-O) program. Engage with all technical teams on the program, determine priorities, scope additional work, collect and report status, review/approve changes, and ensure tasks and new capability delivery are completed on time within the environment. Presence is expected primarily at the Scott Airforce Base location and on location at other GSM-O site when necessary. He/she may work remotely at other locations if required. The position will report to the Program Vice President.
• Works in support of chief engineer to determine the technical goals of the program and works with program stakeholders to refine those goals into executable objectives.
• Devises plans and drives execution of each phase of the program objectives and innovation projects.
• Identifies network improvements and innovations with emphasis on operations and maintenance improvements.
• Performs quality control checks, ensuring the effectiveness and reliability of the network systems, tools, and products.
• Evaluates the engineering costs to identify efficiencies and improved ways of delivering service to the customer.
• Negotiates with stakeholders (Vendors, Customer, etc.) to generate ideas and clarify specifications.
• Delegates tasks as necessary to engineering team and maintains accountability for results.
• Builds strong professional working relationships with stakeholders to resolves disputes, define technical solutions, and drive positive change within the program.
• The candidate may have multiple people supporting them and will be required to work with external stakeholders to achieve program objectives. This would include the issues, risks, dependencies, and making sure action plans are documented and executed accordingly.
• Be responsible for working with the customer and external stakeholders (industry leaders, vendors, military, etc.) to accomplish program goals.
• This position requires strong written and verbal communication skills, with ability to effectively brief SES level government customers.
• Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyzes for total systems across the DISN and GSM-O.
• Assist in planning and performing of analysis/research, design/development, and other assignments in conformance with design, engineering and customer specifications.
• Must be a self-starter, strong leader, and have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Some travel (~25%) may be required.
• Typically requires Bachelor's with 15 years of prior relevant experience or Master's with 13 years of prior relevant experience.
• Network certifications such as but not limited to, Cisco Certifications (CCIE, CCNP, etc.), Microsoft certifications (MCSE, etc.), security certifications (Security + CE, CISSP, etc.)
• Experience as lead engineer or chief engineer.
• Experience developing labor estimation for IT projects and operations.
• Experience with infrastructure capacity changes, planning and problem management.
• Current and Active Secret Clearance is required for this role.
• ITIL competency and/or certification.
• Currently possess or capable of obtaining DoD 8570 certification at IAT level II, Security+ CE.
• Comfortable with and understands differences between Operations and ongoing project activity.
• Significant background supporting tools such as Element Managers, Ticketing Systems, CMDB/Change mgmt. tools, SIEMs.
• Significant background supporting WAN technologies (Optical: Sycamore, Cisco, Cienna; IP: Cisco, Juniper; Firewall: Palo Alto; & F5 Load Balancers).
• Understanding of Cyber technologies and tools (Bro, Argus, Tipping Point, Landcope, SourceFire, etc).
• Systems engineering experience.
• Experience supporting incident management, problem management, and integrating new technologies into these processes.
• Have either chaired or participated with an Engineering Review Board (ERB).
• Competitive proposal experience.
• Experience presenting and interacting with senior officials (SES/Flag Officers).
• Experience in defining and conducting R&D projects, innovation, and strategy.
• Familiarity with Cloud Computing, and Compute/Storage technologies (virtualization).
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Defense & Intel