Leidos is actively interviewing for a Software Systems Engineer in North Charleston, SC that will help in supporting the Distributed Common Ground System, Navy (DCGS-N Family of Systems (FoS).
This includes DCGS-N INC 1, the DCGS-N Enterprise Node (DEN), the Joint Concentrator Architecture (JCA) and the Intelligence Carry On Program (ICOP) and systems in development.
DCGS-N is the Navy's premier Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) processing system.
The successful applicant will be a major contributor to intelligence software integration and testing in PMW-120's System Engineering Division.
The Position will involve extensive application configuration and candidates should possess an administrator-level understanding of n-tier Enterprise applications (db, app server, and client) architecture/management as well as the capacity to follow and create detailed installation procedures.
Work as an HBSS Subject Matter Expert (SME) on a team responsible for development and integration of current and future DCGS-N system builds.
Develop and implement HBSS Policies for the various DCGS-N variants and software baselines; initiating and conducting studies that examine upgrades and changes to the DCGS-N system; initiating and conducting Enterprise Change Requests (ECRs) documenting a needed change to the system; and providing support to the testing, troubleshooting and life cycle activities required to sustain the policies and system(s).
• Provide HBSS expertise to create, deploy and groom policies that are implemented on DCGS-N lab, shipboard, and site systems.
• Coordinate HBSS activities with the organizations that host the managing ePO server.
• Provide software integration of COTS and GOTS products to staging of hardware and support of test and evaluation activities.
• Low level maintenance and troubleshooting will occur and candidates should have a thorough grasp of computer hardware components.
• Ensure operational requirements and software applications/services objectives are met.
• Perform software and vendor performance assessments when required.
• Assist in building and managing a software build plan showing block upgrades; detail the capabilities of the build.
• Advise the Chief Integration/Software Engineer and staff on integration and software matters.
• Attend PMRs and design reviews.
• Support Program Office scheduling activities.
• Coordinate build plans with SE personnel. External Referral Eligible
• Bachelor's degree desired in a related technical field with at least 6+ years related experience.
• Exposure to computer-based applications similar to those required for this position.
• Minimum of IAT II Certifications to meet DoD 8570.1M compliance: CompTIA Security+, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Server+, CompTIA Network + and/or accreditation in Windows, Unix, Linux or Solaris operating systems.• 4+ years of experience with mission operations and elicitation of analytic needs in the intelligence arena.
• Experience in concept definition for software information systems.
• Familiarity with both Windows and Unix/Linux operating systems administration in a heterogeneous environment is also needed to succeed in this assignment.
• Ability to travel 30-40% including possible underway periods onboard U.S. Navy ships.
• Currently possess an active TS/SCI and must meet the requirements of DCID 6/4.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Defense & Intel