Leidos currently has an immediate opening for a skilled, experienced ASW Analyst, supporting multiple US Navy programs located at a US Government site in Bethesda, MD.
We are looking for an energetic, motivated, independent, self-starter for a challenging position supporting programs that develop and produce state of the art training and tactical decision aids systems. This position requires US citizenship and an active DoD Secret clearance.
Candidate will evaluate Tactical Decision Aids (TDA) for the ASW community of the US Navy utilizing Submarine Tactical Decision Aid (STDA), Sonar Performance Prediction Functional Segment (SPPFS), STDA-I, and other TDAs and their components. Candidate will support the development and testing of TDAs used onboard submarines, surface combatant ships, and/or shore surveillance sites. Candidate's responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Participate in systems engineering activities for high fidelity, supercomputing based, acoustic TDAs.
- These activities include one or more of the following: Requirements Definition, Analysis and Engineering; System Analysis and Design; System Integration and Test; Validation and Verification; System and Operational Performance Analysis; and Decision Analysis and Resolution.
- Evaluate and test TDA capabilities
- Interact with internal developers as well as external tactical development team members, US Navy schoolhouse personnel, and military and civilian DoD customers to ensure that TDA requirements are captured and designed into the TDAs
Leidos is the prime contractor supporting the Naval Surface Warfare Center, Carderock, for training and tactical decision aids systems used throughout the US Navy supporting submarines, surface ships, surveillance SONAR systems as well as a number of Command and Control (C2) ASW systems.
- Bachelor's degree or 4 years of additional related experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.US citizenship and an active DoD Secret clearance
- Must have 10+ years of subject matter work experience, obtained through prior related military experience
- Must have specific subject matter expertise in one of the following subject areas: Sonar system operation, underwater acoustics, underwater sound propagation, tactical oceanography.
- Must be comfortable working directly with software developers and conducting software testing.
- Must demonstrate a commitment to excellence, a dedication to producing quality work results, and an ability to learn and apply new skills.
- Must be committed to customer service, well organized, able to plan and prioritize assignments, and able to effectively handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be able to utilize Microsoft Windows and Office products in support of day to day tasking
- Military experience in Undersea Warfare as an acoustic operator (STS/STG/OT) or junior officer
- Acoustic Intelligence experience
- Software development and or software testing experience
Leidos is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, engineering, and health.