Leidos is searching for one or more senior level DevSecOps Engineers to join a team supporting both on premise and cloud hosted enterprise applications for multiple programs supporting DHS and TSA. In this role, you'll work collaboratively with our team to deploy and operate our systems. Help automate and streamline our operations and processes. Build, secure, and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations. And troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, test and production environments. Necessary skills include enterprise infrastructure engineering, solutions architecture, software and systems development, test and evaluation, quality assurance, configuration and release management, data management, IT security, service desk, operations and maintenance and business process engineering services for the infrastructure as well as the applications within the portfolio. Ideal candidates will also have the ability to manage projects and teams.
** NOTE- This position will allow for telecommuting.
- Provide subject matter expertise in the evaluation of system requirements, architectures, models, designs and release/deployment plans. Assess the operational and functional baselines and its supporting systems. Provide organizational and strategic planning for systems as they traverse. Provide expertise in but not limited to, System Architecture, System Modeling, Systems Integration, Requirements Engineering, Technical Analysis.
- Evaluate current systems for various components to include requirements, architecture, design, modeling, planning, release/deployment artifacts
- Coordination with and briefing to customer Information Assurance (IA) staff and FedRAMP third party assessment organization (3PAO) is required.
- Participate in the development of action plans to remedy findings from assessments, work with system development teams to remediate findings and when required provide solutions to system teams.
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or an equivalent
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (Demonstrated in a FedRAMP environment and experience with AWS is required)
- Strong experience with SQL Server and Oracle (NoSQL experience is a plus)
- A working understanding of code and script (Java, PHP, Python, Powershell, Perl and/or Ruby)
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Capacity management for compute, network, and storage resources to achieve required performance, availability and resilience while also effectively managing costs
- Software license management to ensure required licenses and maintenance support are acquired and authorizations not exceeded
- System monitoring related to service/server availability, utilization, performance, security events, etc.) and metrics collection, analysis, and reporting
- Provisioning of servers, storage, network, software and applications
- Coordination with service providers such as Amazon, SaaS vendors, etc., for support as needed
- Compliance with applicable cyber requirements and other government policies and directives
- Engineering and integration of tools and software for use in operating FedRAMP cloud environments
- Planning and implementing COTS upgrades and maintenance activities • Resolution of problems reported or discovered, to include root cause analysis development and reporting
- Achieving required performance measures as defined in program Service Level Agreements and Statements of Work
- Designs and documents system architecture and associated designs by analyzing requirements; constructing workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications
- Provide enhancements or improvements to systems by studying current workflows and designs and determining inefficiencies.
- Maintain system protocols, architecture , requirements and associated design documents by enforcing traceability, updating procedures, analyzing system and program changes
- Prepare technical reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends
- Support configuration management, quality assurance, and cybersecurity throughout the release cycle in an DevSecOps Agile environment.
- Experience in practical application of lifecycle system engineering for IT Infrastructure
- Assist in IT Service Desk and troubleshooting to quickly resolve issues for end users.
- Experience managing infrastructure with strong emphasis on security and compliance with various industry standards like HIPAA, PHI, CIS Benchmarks etc.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 8 - 12 years of professional experience; or 6 - 10 years of professional experience with a related Master's degree.
- Cloud based architecture experience in both VMWare and AWS environments
- Demonstrated experience working with configuration management/automation tools such as AWS CloudFormation, Ansible, Puppet, Saltstack, Rundeck...
- Experience and expertise in the following operating systems and other COTS products:
o Microsoft Servers: Windows, Exchange, SQL, AD, and SharePoint
o RedHat Linux
o IBM Products : WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere Portal, Maximo
o Oracle Enterprise and Standard Databases, Oracle WebLogic
o AWS Infrastructure and Platform service offerings (VPC, EC2, EBS, ELB, S3, and RDS. (AWS certification a plus)
o Operational tools on AWS such as F5, Splunk, TrendMicro Deep Security, Xceedium / CyberArk...
o Monitoring systems and frameworks (CloudWatch/CloudTrail, Nagios, Zabbix, Ganglia, Grafana, ELK)
o NESSUS and WebInspect
o Mobile Device Management Platforms (MobileIron/Knox, Meraki, AirWatch...)
- Experienced in Infrastructure monitoring & debugging
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adjust schedule to meet program needs
- Candidate must be a US Citizen and able to obtain DHS or TSA vetting (active preferred)
**NOTE-This position will allow for telecommuting.