Leidos is rated in LinkedIn's top 40, and is rapidly climbing the Fortune 500. We offer challenging and meaningful problems, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals and growth. The Command, Control, and Intelligence Systems Division has a junior level opening for a GIS Software Engineer to assist with development and testing of a mature, commercial suite of GIS Products.
We are seeking a talented Software Engineer to develop customer-focused solutions designed to increase the speed, efficiency and productivity of many common GIS workflows. Solutions generally in the form of extensions to ESRI's ArcMap and ArcGIS Pro products.
• Work independently and as part of a team to design and develop GIS software solutions
• Document designs
• Complete assigned development tasks, bugs, improvements, and features
• Help determine requirements for new products and new release versions
• Provide technical assistance to customer support personal
• Work with developers, testers, software installers, and product technical writers to produce high-quality professional products
• Bachelor's Degree in a technical field of study, with coursework including GIS; and 0 to 2 years software development experience
• Object Oriented development experience in C#, Java, or C++
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: U.S. citizenship is required with ability to obtain and maintain Secret clearance.
• Experience in the following: C# using Visual Studio, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), .NET 3.5+, Model-View-ViewModel (MVVM) architectural pattern, Extensible Application Markup Language (XAML)
• Knowledge of GIS products and processes• GIS development experience. Ideally with ArcGIS Pro, ArcMap using ArcObjects, or other ESRI products
• Experience with software development tools such as: Subversion, Perforce, JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins, ReSharper
• Experience with automated software testing using TestComplete
• Experience creating software installs with InstallShield
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: