Leidos has a career opening for a Software Engineering Team Lead. This position will primarily be a telecommuting position, but candidates will need to be able to commute to Ft. Meade, MD.
This Software Engineering team lead will support, upgrade and make enhancements to the DISA Storefront application (DSF) to the Kinetic Data Core Edition platform. This candidate will serve as technical lead for a team of Software Developers to ensure consistent quality and performance across DSF projects, while working with the Lead Systems Engineers, Chief Engineer and Technical Project Managers.
• Coding/configuring software applications based on detailed wireframes and requirements.
• Testing the application for usability and functionality.
• Creating Unit Tests.
• Writing automated UI tests.
• Participating in code reviews.
• Working with the Systems Engineers as well as testers to assure the application is meeting the requirements.
• Work in a fast paced software development environment to meet schedule milestones.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a scientific or technical disciple, and 7 years relevant experience. Work experience can be used in lieu of degree.
• Strong communication skills that enable proactive and effective collaboration with a virtual team.
• Knowledge of and ability to apply principles, theories, and concepts of Software Engineering field working under limited supervision.
• Currently possess an active 8570 IAT II Certification.
• Currently possess an active DoD Secret security clearance.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Defense & Intel