Leidos has a dynamic opportunity for a mid-level Electrical Engineer to be a member of our team located in Lynnwood, WA. The qualified candidate will work with systems engineers, software engineers, mechanical engineers, and production personnel to define, design, integrate, and operate electrical components, electro-mechanical assemblies, and subsea systems used in maritime applications.
This position requires US citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD security clearance.
Primary Duties include:
- Analyze, simulate, design, layout and unit test electronics boards for digital and analog circuitry in systems requiring custom signal processing, amplification, power management and conversion.
- Evaluate, select, specify, design, modify, test, and/or integrate sensors, electronic modules (custom and COTS), cables, connectors, power subsystems (including batteries) for both subsea and related surface interface systems.
- Develop and maintain requirements documents, functional specification documents, and
interface control documents.
- Generate and maintain engineering drawings in support of manufacturing, following company drafting standards and configuration management policies.
- Develop project test plans and test procedures, provide test planning support, and assist in the execution of both lab testing and at-sea testing.
- Provide field support planning, shipboard mobilization/de-mobilization support, shipboard at-sea testing support, and other field support in general.
- Conduct experimental tests on equipment, evaluate results, and then develop specifications for selecting components and equipment for deliverable systems.
- Work on problems of diverse scope, determining methods and procedures to be used on new assignments, and providing feedback and recommendations to other technical personnel.
- Interact with outside customers, suppliers, and functional peer groups.
- Some travel and work at remote sites for limited time periods will be required.
- Generate and/or approve written work instructions.
- Review and sign drawings and engineering change orders (ECOs), as required.
- Provide status reports to project managers and/or division production manager as required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering with 4-8 years of related experience in electrical/electronic hardware design, integration and system level test and commensurate with primary responsibilities.
- Circuit Card Assembly (CCA) design including: analog and digital circuit design, schematic capture, component research, parts list development, CCA drawing development and printed circuit board design.
- A working knowledge of ALTIUM or similar circuit design tool.
- Strong hands-on background in operation and use of standard electronic test equipment including oscilloscopes, multi-meters, power supplies, function generators, insulation resistance testers, etc.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize work without close supervision.
- Strong, effective, and professional communication (written/verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to take initiative in troubleshooting of issues; creative in determining approach or action to take in non-routine situations.
- Competent in use of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Microsoft Project
- Experience adhering to ISO 9001:2008 processes.
- Experience with unmanned underwater vehicles (UUVs) and associated electronics/sensors, underwater cables/connectors, control and monitor electronics, power systems, launch and recovery subsystems, and system-to-host interfaces, including acoustic ranging and communications.
- Basic knowledge and experience with underwater acoustics.
- Microcontroller software development environment tools (e.g. Microchip PIC families).
- Working knowledge of MATLAB, VISIO, and NI Labview tools.
- Prior experience with optics, optical telemetry and electro-optic components.
- Embedded design experience, microarchitecture design, verilog or similar coding, simulation, build and verification up to full regression testing
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: