Join a fast growing, solutions driven, dynamic organization and take your experience to the next level! We are looking for Electronic Technicians to join our team in San Diego, CA.
Candidates will be part of a world-class team responsible to manufacture and test electro-mechanical devices used for both subsea and surface applications. Work will include production systems and prototypes.
- Assemble and rework printed circuit boards with fine-pitch SMT (Surface Mount Technology) components under a microscope.
- Perform incoming material receiving inspection for circuit card assemblies (CCAs) and wire harnesses
- Provide field service support on an as-needed basis, including support at-sea.
- Collect, maintain, organize, compile, and manipulate technical data
- Work closely with engineering and recommends alternative solutions to problems and obstacles.
- Set-up and conduct tests and records data to assist with engineering analysis.
- Provide training to more junior technicians.
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline; or AA degree and 2 years of related experience; or High School diploma and 4 years of related experience.
- Expertise in soldering (assembly and rework) SMT (Surface Mount Technology) components on printed circuit boards - includes all types of fine-pitch integrated circuits and passive components to 0402 size.
- Capable of reading and understanding mechanical and electrical drawings, specifications, work orders, and test procedures.
- Expertise with the use and operation of standard electronic test equipment; oscilloscopes, meters, frequency generators, etc.
- Expertise in troubleshooting electro-mechanical systems.
- Expertise in fiber optics manufacturing, troubleshooting, and repair.
- Capable of writing work orders and test procedures.
- ISO manufacturing experience.
- Ability to take initiative in troubleshooting of issues; creative in determining approach or action to take in non-routine situations.
- Competent in use of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Microsoft Project.
- Active DoD Secret security clearance required; candidates without clearance will not be considered.
- Prior experience with unmanned underwater vehicles and associated sensors, underwater cables/connectors.
- Working knowledge of SolidEdge, VISIO, and Labview tools.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: