Grow with us! Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show you how to accelerate your career!
As our Electromagnetic Research Engineer you will research advanced methods of radar signature simulation in an agile software environment in our Beavercreek, Ohio office. Work in the exciting area of electromagnetics and signal processing and use your experience to further develop the Xpatch Toolsuite, a nationally recognized, industry leading prediction code essential for performing electromagnetic computations.
If you like doing these you will love this job:
- Support Research to mature and advance the electromagnetic capability of Xpatch.
- Extend and improve existing software code to incorporate new features.
- Perform analysis and develop software as part of an Agile Scrum team.
To be successful in this role you must have these skills:
- Bachelors in engineering, physics or computer science with at least 2 years' experience.
- Must be a US Citizen and able to obtain a secret security clearance.
- Understanding of electromagnetic theory and/or signal processing.
- Good programming skills and object oriented design/programming experience in C++.
- Adaptable and able to learn new skills quickly.
- Be an effective communicator, and can work effectively with others, both side-by-side and in remote locations.
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- Familiarity with asymptotic CEM approaches, in particular shooting-bouncing-ray and physical optics.
- Masters or Doctoral Degree in engineering, physics or computer science with 1-2 years' experience.
- Experience with software version control and Agile software development practices.
- Experience with Linux.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: