Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient through information technology, engineering and science. careC2™, a Leidos Health Products and
Services business, is delivering on this mission with a next generation care coordination software solution that enables the healthcare enterprise to effectively
and efficiently manage the delivery of care.
This single, consolidated environment for managing episodes of care with a real-time, common view for all care providers - including patients, families,
clinicians and other care givers or coordinators - reduces variation and potential issues as it follows the patient through each phase of their medical
care treatment, measuring how well the care providers are performing against and expected outcome. We are re-imagining how we provide visibility, oversight and management of patients
across the entire care continuum that is based on consolidated views of the patient's priorities and holistic, actionable insights aimed at improving
productivity and enhancing the patient experience.
We seek experienced health care disruptors driven to push the boundaries of what healthcare is and redefining aspects of the industry altogether. We need doers who
want to run fast and shape a new product-line business that is well supported by a large, well-established and aggressively growing organization!
This position will be based out of our offices in Morgantown, WV
Manager of all careC2 related software development and operational support related activities with influence on organizational decisions. Reports directly to the careC2, VP of Engineering in this role.
Supporting and development overall budgetary estimates for the organization supporting the VP of Engineering in working with external and internal stockholders for overall Engineering Budget and activities.
Direct oversight with the support of the Lead Architect, and related Product Owners (POs)/Development Leads of the Rapid Response Team (RRT) and Platform Team.
Support a variety of software products/projects with extensive experience across various lifecycle phases to drive the engineering execution of the careC2 program
Provide management and leadership knowledge across large team of Development, DevOps, and Operations staff to include mentoring of the Product Development Lead and Product Operations Lead.
Act as the hiring, promotion and reward authority for careC2 development and operations staff.
Provides software architectural guidance and direction supporting the careC2 Lead Architect.
Leadership of agile development teams supporting commercial and federal programs with program guidance on software design techniques and project software design
approaches that best fit the careC2 culture and product releases.
Coordinate with careC2 engineering leadership to establish team protocols and guidelines with regard to engineering processes and quality achievements for delivery and development of product software
Duties include leadership of functional development teams, SW CM/Release Management, DevOps, and Operations personnel as well as assisting in the development and ensuring adherence to careC2 product-wide
procedural/policy changes. Guides the Product Development Lead and Product Quality Lead in all aspects of the software development lifecycle and processes including scope and work estimation,
architecture and design, coding and unit testing. Lead and manage works of other technical staff that has significant impact on product/project results and outputs.Influences development of solutions that impact strategic products/program goals and business results. Recommends and develops new technical solutions, products, and/or standards in support of functions strategy and operations. Communicate with executive leadership (internally or client) regarding matters of significant importance to the product/program. Daily interaction with Product Development Lead and Product Operations Lead to view current practices and adopt new concepts, practices and approaches that aligns with new Product or Program direction. Assist in new technology insertion and integration activities by evaluating organizational, technical, and architectural impacts.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology with 12+ years of relevant experience
- Master's degree or equivalent experience in Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology with 10+ years of relevant experience
- Agile development methodologies (Scaled Agile (SAFe) Preferred)
- Knowledge and experience with architecture and complex system engineering documentation 10+ years of solid experience with Java/C++ and object oriented programming as well as a solid understanding of software development process fundamentals
- A strong, self-motivated desire to guide the Development and Operations with new programming languages, tools, frameworks, and techniques.
- Demonstrated experience developing large and complex risk management programs and ability to resolve highly complex problems using significant application of technical knowledge, conceptualizing, reasoning and interpretation.
- Develops solutions that are highly innovative, and achieved through research and integration of best practices.
- Experience with Amazon Cloud Computing Services
- Experience with SaaS delivery model
- Experience with Health field related enterprise applications
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: