Are you ready to join Leidos all-star team? Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show how to accelerate your career path. If you love electro-optics and working in a lab this is a job that can propel your career.
The Leidos Innovations Center at Leidos is looking for an Electro-Optics (EO) (UV through LW) Laboratory Lead where you will get a chance to lead a small multi-disciplinary (3-5 people) team developing lab capability and performing a variety of laboratory projects and tasks in support of a larger, on-base Leidos team for an applied R&D contract. Work in our Beavercreek, Ohio office near Dayton, Ohio.
Cool stuff this lab team provides that you will be a part of:
- Lab capability developmento EO sensor calibration & characterization
- Basic electronics design, fabrication and trouble-shooting
- Development of custom hardware/systems from building a laser driver to developing one-off fieldable sensors such as custom radiometers (optics, optomechanics, electronics, control, data acquisition, data reduction tools) based on COTS to the fullest extent possible, using tools such as AutoCAD and Zemax.
- Verification that purchased or repaired equipment is operational and meets spec (scopes, meters, blackbodies, power supplies, etc)
- Software development from instrument control (Labview) to data analysis tools (MATLAB)
If you like doing these you will enjoy this job:
- Interface with on-base team; understand needs & how best to support
- Define lab capabilities; participate in and oversee development
- Determine and develop staff skillset requirements
- Provide technical and project oversight of work being performed in this lab, balance priorities, report progress, solve technical problems
- Supervise and mentor staff
Need these skills to be successful in this exciting role:
- Bachelor's degree in electro-optics, physics, electrical engineering, systems engineering or equivalent related field or job experience, with at least 5 years of experience working in a laboratory environment and experience with project leadership
- U.S. Citizenship and able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security clearance
- Technical experience with the following: EO sensor calibration & characterization; collecting, analyzing, and interpreting data; design and development of electronics, optics, and opto-mechanical systems; software development; test planning and documentation
- Experience performing technical management of projects, meeting deadlines, balancing priorities, problem-solving
- Good computer skills using MS Windows are required, with proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Willingness and ability to quickly learn and to retain new skills
- Strong communications skills and ability to interact with customers
- Passion for learning
- Desire to work with others in a research environment
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- Master's degree in listed fields
- Experience leading a small team
If this is not the job for you but you know someone who might be interested, refer them today and make $2000 if they get hired. Learn how here.
External Referral Eligible