Do you want to work directly with the organizations developing the most advanced weapons systems in the world? Do you want to be part of a close-knit team and be mentored by world-class experts? If so, this position could be the one for you. Leidos is looking for an engineer with a Guidance and Control background to support our growing work in the high profile areas of hypersonic and advanced missile systems. This position is located in Eglin AFB in Valparaiso, FL. You must have an active Secret clearance and be a US Citizen to be considered for this position.
The Aerophysics group operates in a small team environment where individual creativity is rewarded and continuous learning is the norm. Our engineers typically work directly with Air Force personnel and regularly interact with other contracting teams. Collaborating with the teams to obtain clear understandings of what the customer wants and shaping your work to meet their needs is a must. You will often be asked to make decisions about how to proceed with analysis with minimal supervision. While working this position, you will...
- Perform guidance and control design, implementation into a simulation environment, and analysis.
- Perform aerodynamic control and trim analysis given an aerodynamic model
- Support the design of high speed missile systems
- Develop a benchmark maneuverability and intercept performance analysis in a 6DoF environment
- Develop and integrate dynamic articulation models
- Integrate seeker models
- Design and analyze a seeker antenna controller
- Craft gain scheduled autopilot and guidance strategies
- Design, tune, and implement pole placement, linear quadratic regulator, linear quadratic Gaussian with loop transfer recovery, etc.,
- Create autopilots for tracking control of missiles with minimal supervision
- Present both verbal and written status reports on a regular basis
- Prepare manuscripts for publication at technical conferences and for professional journals
- Have an Aerospace Engineering (or similar) degree from an accredited institution and 2-3 years' experience in the industry
- Experience with guidance and control modeling and simulation at the 6DoF level
- Proficiency in MATLAB/Simulink are required
- Experience in intercept modeling of aerodynamically controlled missiles is require
- Must show evidence of development in linear model-based gain scheduled robust control design, proportional navigation, analysis of homing loops, and Kalman filters
Possess a Master's Degree in a relevant field.
Prior development of autopilots for missiles, aircraft, and unmanned vehicles (including drones) is a plus.