Are you excited to discover and adapt new signal processing algorithms to meet evolving needs? Are you looking to work with colleagues who share your deep technical expertise, passion, dedication, and intellectual curiosity? If so, this is the role for you. Leidos currently has an opening for a Signal Processing Engineer to support programs and proposals in Dayton, OH with opportunities to lead tasks and/or efforts. You must possess an in-scope Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance to be considered for this position.
Roles and Responsibilities :
You'll be part of a team working on advanced solutions to improve the robustness and efficacy of sensors and signals in complicated environments in a fast-changing arena. The team rely your experience in advanced signal processing, linear algebra, probability, stochastic processes, spectral estimation and/or signal detection, and estimation to develop, model, and evaluate the performance of techniques for sensors in challenging sensing environments.
Your regular tasks will be to...
- Translate high-level functional goals into tasks and execute them
- Develop, model, and test algorithms in Matlab, Simulink, or C++ to advance capabilities and robustness to complex environments-
- Work in small teams or individually to achieve program success
- Communicate results in briefings and written material to your team, the customer, and management
- Analyze results from simulation or real data to identify root causes and trends
- Plan and perform analytical and engineering research, design development, and other assignments in conformance with design, engineering, and customer specifications.
- Listen to customer's needs and develop technical solutions and new ideas to respond to BAAs/RFPs and to market to existing customers
- Master's degree in relevant areas plus minimum of 15 years of experience or Doctorate in relevant area with minimum of 13 years of experience
- Must have an in-scope Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS security clearance
- Fluency in Matlab, C/C++, Simulink, or similar language, with ability to learn Matlab within a short period of hire
- Strong analytical skills and experience in the areas of adaptive filter theory, spectral estimation, detection and estimation theory, linear algebra, and/or stochastic processes
- Proven record of innovation for both posing/solving complex signal processing, detection, estimation, and tracking related problems
- Adaptability to new challenges with a strong motivation to grow and learn in new areas
- Current Top Secret clearance
- Prior experience in Electronic Warfare signals processing algorithm development, working with both simulated and real data
- Experience contributing to proposals responding to DoD BAAs and/or RFPs
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Signal Processing Engineering