Tired of dealing with conversion rates and ad placement? There's got to be a better way!
At Leidos, we use Typescript, C++17, Java 9, Rust, and the Unity stack to build actual software that people both pay for and willingly use. Our engineers are housed in a safe and welcoming habitat with infinite espresso, fancy ramen, and Atlassian tools.
Leidos is rated in LinkedIn's top 40, and is rapidly climbing the Fortune 500. Unlike many companies in the defense industry, we focus on hiring and retaining brilliant engineers - this is a permanent software engineering position on an enduring cross-project team. This role is located in Charlottesville, Virginia, which is routinely rated one of the happiest cities in America. Responsibilities will focus on either frontend or backend engineering by employee preference, particularly the prototyping and implementation of scalable service-like designs with strong separation of concerns.
• Design, develop, and deploy backend services that are versatile, resilient, and maintainable• Test, track, and terminate bugs with powerful tooling ranging from selenium to control-flow replay
• Reduce, reuse, and recycle your infrastructure using shared dev-ops tooling, Docker, and AWS
• Work on the hardest problems from scalable AI to resilient livestreaming or battlefield awareness
• Use the tools you love: every engineer gets to pick their IDE, OS, mouse, and keyboard
• Build something you are proud of - with coworkers you like
• Bachelor's Degree in Technical field or 4 years of experience in lieu of a degree
• Proficiency with one of the following: Spring, API design, React, Kafka, Postgres, Angular, or Polymer
• U.S. citizenship with ability to obtain up to TS/SCI clearance
• Proficiencies centered on the JVM, node.js, or client-side ecosystem
• Prior experience with modern single-page responsive frontends or server-less backends
• Familiarity with micro-services and AWS Lambda, either as a developer or a client
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: