Rewrite your career with Leidos! Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show you how to unleash your potential.
Are you a C++ programming Software Engineer who likes supporting research and development projects developing innovative software solutions? Help us develop software applications to integrate system/subsystems into a hardware in the loop test environment for use on Intel and/or AMD platforms in support of DoD user communities in Dayton, Ohio at Wright Patterson AFB.
If these excite you, this could be the right career move for you:
- Support ongoing research and development projects. This will include systems engineering and hardware integration of innovative solutions in support of DoD user communities.
- Develop innovative software solutions to integrate system/subsystems into a hardware in the loop test environment.
- Develop software applications for use on Intel and/or AMD platforms.
- Design, develop, analyze, document and support of testing of products, systems or subsystems.
- Responsible for the completion of software tasks while meeting customer's schedule and performance requirements.
- Responsible for working closely with the customer to develop project software requirements, and under direction, develop designs to best support them while including cost and schedule drivers.
Skills you need to be successful on this job:
- Must have an Associate's Degree in Software Engineering or equivalent degree in math/physics/engineering with at least 5 years of related software development experience.
- US Citizen, must be able to obtain a Secret security clearance.
- Experience in C++ programming.
- Proficient in Microsoft Visual Studio, Eclipse or Embarcadero IDEs.
- Experience in one or more of the following: Object-Oriented development, Linux shell scripting, Java, Windows, Python, C#, C, or assembly language.
- Understanding of standalone and distributed system simulations.
- Experience with software development life-cycle product development from requirements specification through design, implementation, and testing phases.
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- BS Degree in Software Engineering, or equivalent degree in math, physics, or engineering with software development experience.
- FPGA firmware development- Proficient in MATLAB.
- Experience in building graphical user interfaces (GUIs).
- Familiar with multi-threaded, and IP socket programming techniques.
- Understanding of OOA/OOD Software Solutions.
If this is not the job for you but you know someone who might be interested, refer them today and make $2000 if they get hired. Learn how here.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours: