Tired of dealing with conversion rates and ad placement? There's got to be a better way!
At Leidos, we use automated testing, integration, and delivery tooling to build actual software that people both pay for and willingly use. Our engineers are housed in a safe and welcoming habitat with infinite espresso, fancy ramen, and Atlassian tools.
Leidos is rated in LinkedIn's top 40, and is rapidly climbing the Fortune 500. Unlike many companies in the defense industry, we focus on hiring and retaining brilliant engineers - this is a permanent test engineering position on an enduring cross-project team. This role is located in Charlottesville, Virginia, which is routinely rated one of the happiest cities in America. Intended responsibilities will focus on test automation, with the use of light manual testing left to the recognizance of the employee.
• Design, test, and build automated functional and integration testing
• Ensure automation has a logical flow that mimics real UX interactions
• Drive test coverage based on user stories and feature requirement descriptions
• Light scripting work, generally Bash, python, or Powershell for system validation or profiling
• Work directly with your engineering team to determine minimal reproductions for key issues
• Bachelor's Degree in Technical field or 4 years of experience in lieu of a degree
• 1+ years of automated software testing experience in a production environment
• Prior experience with basic automated testing with tools such as Selenium
• U.S. citizenship with ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
• Professional experience with Jira and Atlassian tools
• Prior experience with SCRUM or Kanban teams
• Prior experience with data visualization and assurance at a hobbyist or professional level
• Familiarity with convenience scripting, especially Bash, Python, and Powershell
• Hobbyist or professional experience with Puppet or Docker
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Testing and Quality Assurance