Leidos is seeking a Chief Engineer to lead a critical program to modernize a U.S. Government agency's IT infrastructure to support the rapidly growing demand for secure information across heterogeneous networks and devices and many locations.
The Chief Engineer will lead the technical strategy, solution development, and execution of systems and infrastructure information technology (IT) and support services.
The Chief Engineer will provide comprehensive systems engineering oversight, analytical, and technical support services required to deliver a broad range of innovative IT solutions and professional services to modernize U.S. Government legacy systems, protect their networks and assets, and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of mission-critical and mission-support functions.
• Serve as the Leidos principle IT engineer to provide engineering expertise and guidance for the design, development, and implementation of various IT solutions that enhance overall system performance and availability
• Provide technical expertise and analysis support of current infrastructure and communications architectures, systems, and related cyber initiatives
• Lead the research, analysis, solution design and implementation planning of IT solutions for the modernization of legacy systems and networks
• Drive strategic technological innovation, demonstrating a breadth and depth of knowledge in all things related to a complex, matrixed Information Technology operation in support of the enterprise
• Provide technical knowledge and analysis of high-level functional systems analysis, design, and integration advice on complex matters that require expert level knowledge of the subject matter for effective implementation
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
The individual selected for this position should have a broad technical background spanning many of the technical areas supported by the program. The ability to clearly articulate technical messages for a variety of audiences, both through written and verbal means, will be a critical skill necessary for the success in this position.
• Active TS clearance; ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in computer science or related field
• 15+ years' experience engineering and architecting enterprise IT solutions
• Demonstrated expertise in systems engineering, including requirements analysis and system architecture design
• Demonstrated experience designing and implementing complex IT solutions in a large scale enterprise
• Demonstrated experience in practical application of life-cycle system engineering for IT infrastructure
• Demonstrated experience designing and modernizing complex enterprise networks and legacy IT systems
• Demonstrated experience applying System Engineering Lifecycle (SELC) processes and best practices comprising concept development, requirements engineering, architecture, design and development, integration, test and evaluation, and operations and maintenance
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Master's degree from an accredited college or university in computer science or related field
• Demonstrated experience in network and cyber security design, engineering and operations with emphasis on DoD capabilities
• Demonstrated experience in Cloud environments, including hybrid cloud
• Experience with NIST SP 800 series or ISO 27000 series documents for information security management and risk assessment
• Demonstrated experience in Secure DevOps/Agile concepts and processes
• Demonstrated experience with server virtualization technologies such as VMware, Citrix, or Hyper-V
• Demonstrated experience with operating systems such as RedHat Linux, Windows Server, or Unix
• Demonstrated experience with configuration tools such as Microsoft SCCM or Tivoli
• Demonstrated experience in ITIL, ISO20000 / ISO27001 implementations
• At least one nationally recognized vendor certification
• Cloud Technical, Business or TCO Accreditation
• Cloud Architect, DevOps or SysOps Associate or Professional Certification