The Defense and Intelligence Group of Leidos has an Systems Engineer in Bethesda, MD.
1) Implement and maintain computer systems and ensure optimal system performance.
2) Work with mission managers and Directorate POCs to successfully monitor the operation and maintain the structural/operational integrity of existing systems
3) Communicate with stakeholders to identify the tasks the system is to accomplish.
Bachelors + 4 years or Masters + 2 years or Doctorate (PhD)
• Minimum six (6) years of experience in system engineering and IT support. These six (6) years must be concurrent with the requisite years of work experience.
• Currently possess an active Poly.
• Demonstrated experience monitoring existing systems to ensure structural integrity, overseeing the development and installation of new hardware and software, and installing and configuring operating systems and other software and routinely test installed software for glitch detection and other issues.
• Proven track record of success in installation and maintenance of LINUX-based software.
• Ability to write custom scripts to reduce the need for human intervention, design and implement security systems and redundant backups to maintain data safety, and ensure constant availability of technical resources.
• Ability to effectively establish and execute strategic and critical task priorities to demonstrate problem-solving skills, and to think algorithmically.
• Ability to understand engineering disciplines, such as mechanical, electrical and computer engineering.
• Demonstrated experience managing projects that include inter-disciplinary teams.
• Experience understanding complex system development methods and system testing practices.
Experience creating automated scripts and software.
• Proficiency with databases and SQL.
• Relevant specialized engineering experience.
• Advanced certifications, such as Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Microsoft
Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) and Microsoft Certified IT Professionals (MCITP).
• Architecture modeling skills.