Looking for work-life balance? Leidos offers generous leave and accommodating flex-time to help you juggle your personal and professional life. In our Dayton, Oh office we are looking for a Senior Electro-Optics Test Engineer to design and perform a variety of electro-optical experiments for an applied R&D contract. You will get to work alongside a multi-disciplinary team, in collaboration with Government researchers doing fun experiments primarily in a laboratory with some field testing. Yes we get to go outside and have some fun!
If you like doing these tasks you will love this job:
- Perform requirements definition for testbeds and test equipment for a variety of electro-optical experiments, based on provided test objectives.
- Design, procure parts for, build, align and calibrate custom testbeds and test equipment.
- Design, procure parts for, build and test instrument control and data acquisition hardware.
- Modify and develop data acquisition tools using software such as LabVIEW.
- Modify and develop data reduction and analysis tools using software such as MATLAB.
- The ideal candidate will work independently as well as with a team, learn new skills quickly, demonstrate excellent communication and problem solving skills, be organized, detail-oriented, careful, flexible, and self-motivated with a can-do attitude.
To be successful in this role you will need these skills:
- Bachelor's degree in electro-optics, physics, electrical engineering, systems engineering or equivalent related field with at least 8 years of experience.
- Must have an active Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Security Clearance.
- Experience with the following: operating electro-optical equipment such as, sources, detectors, sensors, lasers, characterization equipment; collecting, analyzing, interpreting data, writing test plans, documenting test results and generating reports; performing computer-based data acquisition and analysis.
- Experience with lasers, sources, optics, electro-optics, detectors, cameras, calibration equipment and diagnostic equipment is required.
- Must have experience with analytical software such as MATLAB, Mathcad, or Mathematica.
- Good computer skills using MS Windows are required, with proficiency in Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Must have strong mechanical skills, and also possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
If you have these preferred skills you will certainly wow us even more!
- Experience with MATLAB and LabVIEW.
- Master's degree in listed fields.
- Experience is desired in testbed design, build, alignment, and calibration; data acquisition development; and test planning, data collection and test reporting.
* If this job isn't a true fit for you but you know someone who is interested, please feel free to refer!
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: