The Defense and Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for an Outside Plant QA Manager to work in the Pentagon, Washington D.C.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Defense Information Systems Agency, Joint Service Provider Enterprise Transport Management organization. In this mission we manage Local Area Network/Metropolitan Area Network/Wide Area Network Connectivity, Time Division Multiplexing (TDM) technology for Long Haul and Point to Point Communications. We will operate, maintain, deploy, and manage an existing Government furnished network infrastructure. A majority of the tasks will be within the National Capital Region.
Quality lead for outside cable maintenance. Serve as the subject matter expert to the government Quality Control (QC) Inspector and Branch Chief. Perform QA inspections for all OSP projects and MACs. Review the final project documentation and use it to ensure that all modifications to the JSP communication infrastructure conform to JSP Standard Operating Procedures and industry standards. Responsible for providing a weekly report to the Government QC Inspector and Branch Chief of all work that has been completed and is ready for Government Audit.
• BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain. Years of work experience may be substituted one for one with college years.
• Must have an active Secret clearance.
• Five (5) or more recent/current year's professional experience within the designated SME area beyond BA/BS or equivalence (except where otherwise specifically noted). Must have a minimum of three (3) recent/current years' experience working in an IT environment similar in size (or larger) and scope to this task order.
• Must have a minimum of three (3) recent/current year's working knowledge of large, complex IT environments; same or similar to this task order.
• Design and installation of communication infrastructure such as but not limited to equipment installation, cable installations, cable fabrication, cable trays/cabinet installations; knowledge of DOD network and system security requirements
• Working knowledge of telecommunications industry standards as well as system design and engineering concepts; ability to understand and apply technical concepts and ability to analyze and solve problems using learned techniques and tools; knowledge and experience of basic understanding of infrastructure such as but not limited to wiring/connectivity; must have 3-5 years of current experience in a field that provides knowledge useful for managing current IT installation requirements
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Testing and Quality Assurance
Defense & Intel